• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ignorance amazes me...

In the immortal words of Chevy Chase (Spies Like Us), "We mock what we do not understand." MT is a brauler-- like an animal. I believe that he would get destroyed by someone skilled in the correct art.....

what in the world is that supposed to mean? What is this "correct art"?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter really what the correct art is, just that you know how to use it. Certain styles of doing things arn't gonna work as well against a brauler like Mike. Which is why you adapt..

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

What I meant by "correct art" is a style that would render a boxer's skills useless. I guess I should've clarified that better.

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

There are many. Are you people saying MT is unbeatable by anyone? Certainly you, having BJJ listed as your first style, can see that MT on the ground would be bad for him. How about Kung Fu styles that use the centerline? I, for one, would love to see MT fight in Pride.....

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

What pure striker from a TMA could possible beat Iron Mike? In terms of sheer attributes Tyson would be so far ahead of his opponent: great fitness, great reflexes, great timing. Let alone the power of his punches and his experience. Please name one single fighter who you believe could match these things.

Also, what makes you think the centre-line theory would over-come boxing. What advantages does it have over boxing theory?

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

y'know, i just thought that when he said the 'correct art' he meant that someone with the appropriate knowldege and skill could do it, not that there is or isn't a 'correct art' per se.

y'know, johnny, you should lighten up a bit.

you always sound so aggressive...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

My questions were asked politely.

I don't mean to be aggressive - but statements saying some kung-fu guy that no-one has ever heard about could beat one of the most feared boxers in history are ridiculous and disrespectful to Mike Tyson and the people who actually get in the ring and fight.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt