• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is it that you love about your chosen path?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that I am extremely thankful for all of the posts thus far. I hope that everyone will continue to write on the best aspects of their styles.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

i love everything about my choosen style, shotokan karate. to me it is the best and i wont goto another style, i love shotokan, it has tought me to fight, punch hard (very hard!), body conditioning, speed, shotokan has helped me alot, thats why i love my style

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

I like the competativeness of MA. Every aspects of any art challange a person to become better physically and mentally. I use to train just with weights and there was no sense of competition- like in MA. Evertime I pad up, presents itself with a new challenge and nothing elses beats that.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

I love my style because we try to be all encompassing...any area of interest in martial arts is covered. :D

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

I've always been interested in learning what makes things work coupled with the science and physics behind it. There is so much science (both physical and mental) with respect to the martial arts. Learning the techniques, the fundamental principles that make a technique work, the vast number of variations of technique, how different people learn, developing new ways to teach technique, etc., etc., etc.

The physical benefits have been tremendous. I'm 51 now (started training at 40 with my then twelve year old son) and my strength, flexibility and reflexes are better now then when I was in my thirties. Add to this the comradery and bond of friendship I've developed with many other good people associated with martial arts and what can I say, it's been a wonderful road.

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin

I love the path I've choosen because it is an endless path with lots of challenges and surprises. :)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"