• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sport Tae Kwon Do

Taezee, I like that one too.

iamrushman, do you use a jump back kick? If so any tips? I could stand to work on that one myself. Also what do you mean exactly by a "turning side" kick. Our terminology may be slightly different here. :smile:

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we use the term turning kicks when you bring your kicking foot close to the standing knee(leg on the floor) as opposed to wide around to the standing knee with the spinning kicks.

yes, i use the jump back kick. it is also one of my favorites. because it can be used jumping toward/away/or straight up depending on what your opponent does. i mostly use it in clinch situation. so if the opponent move in, i jump away, if he move away i jump in, if he dosn't move i jump straight up, and execute the kick.

for practice i use the swinging heavy bag, up against the wall, or a pole.

hard to give examples in words.

hope you understand and it helps you.

humble respects with a bow :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

"let's stop the my art is better than your art etc..." Whatever..... WHATEVER!! :kaioken:

Angus

Reason with an assailant first, THEN break their face!

- Angus Argyle

This Message was edited by: Angus on Jul 25, 2001 12:03am

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Angus, just in this section for a while. By all means, continue on as normal elsewhere. It's good to hear different views.

What tech's do you like in sparring? Anyone? Buler? Buler? :smile:

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

jumping back kick is one of my trademark kicks...i especially like drawing my opppoent in by sliding or skipping back on his attack then when he feels hes got me and is commited i jump spin and kick on the move(surprise!!! by the way how does your spleen taste?) :eek:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

I use the step-jump spinning back kick, where u kick with the front leg. I do that a lot in karate kumite because they start to get pummeled by my kicks and take the defensive Nekawashi-dachi (cat stance). When i see them go back into defensive stance i just fly at them. It's fun!

Most of the time in kumite i just work my foot techniques if it's only semi-contact. I work the hook kick a lot, and sometimes the spinning hook. They just keep their guards so goddamn low! It annoys me cos if i wanted to hit them in the head (or if i was allowed for that matter) then i could so easily knock them unconscious!

One thing i've found with my BJJ and the kumite stance (with which many have a low guard and an extended forarm) is that i can grab their arm and pull them into a side kick. if i moce quick enough i can stun with a front/side kick then recoil and strike with a crescent/hook kick. BANG BANG, like greesed lightning!

Angus :karate: :up:

yes that is an interesting move......the grab the led arm however is an old school tactic. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Well, if it's out there then they are asking to get grabbed... One guy told me one time if i tried to grab his arm he'd just pull me into an elbow. So we sparred and i kicked him and kicked him and kicked him, then i faked a front kick, grabbed his arm and pulled him into a spinning elbow... HAHAHA!!

Angus :karate: :up:

angus i think your doctor needs to increase your medication... :roll:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"