• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sport Tae Kwon Do

i agree and these giants are doing real moves that actually work............and now these novice young people are copying these moves and are really hurting themselves. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of, have you seen the advertisements on TV about the "Backyard wrestling"? It's home video of a lot of idiot's literally doing things like jumping off roof tops, onto a guy laying on a table, really hurting themselves. It looks very funny. :-)

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

I'm all for anything I can watch where some idiot's are making fools out of themselves and getting hurt. MTV's Jackass, is a good example, although a lot of it is just stupid and sick. That's also a good example of the only thing MTV is good for. *L*

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

Ok, back on topic here. What combo's have people found to be effective durring TKD sparring? Please no more comments about street effectiveness, my art beats up your art etc. This is the "sport TKD" section after all. We can discuss those things elsewhere.

Here's a combo I like: When the opponent uses a mid level round kick I step in at a 45 degree angle, blocking with one arm and punching with the other. This stops their momentum and gets me out of their optimal range. I then just pick up my front leg for a round kick to score a quick point. I've found that the sudden jar of the punch makes most people stop for an instant (not something they see everyday in TKD as it usually doesn't score) making the kick that much more effective. From here you can use just about anything else.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

Yes I know this thread started out as a sport tkd bashing section, but let's turn it into something that's worthwhile instead. :nod:

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

apologies...but sometime when members are on at the same time a chat starts....lacking a chat area you'll find it in a thread sometime. you can tell by the time of the entries.

one of my favorites is: when the opponent attempts a mid to high level front leg round house kick, i like to return fire with a turning side or back kick at the same time of there roundhouse. aimed at there chest or neck/head area.

thus IF they land it, it is usually to my back (this is not to be confused with a spinning kick)

and less energy spent on my part.

humble regards with a bow. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

On 2001-07-24 13:43, iamrushman wrote:

but sometime when members are on at the same time a chat starts....lacking a chat area you'll find it in a thread sometime. you can tell by the time of the entries.

Nothing wrong with that. :smile:

I like to check with the front leg ...that is to fake a kick like a side with the front leg and then swicth at the last second drawing a reaction such as a opponent sliding back and trying to block or evade the initial attack only to be caught with the full impact of the rear leg attack which is also using the foward momentum to add speed and force to the kick.

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"