• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sport Tae Kwon Do

Well, bugger, you got me there Rush...

Okay then, put this way... SPORT SPORT SPORT TKD is no good for the street, it's useless. It is a fun GAME but that's it. Real TKD is good for the street with a little crosstraining or integration.

Angus :karate: :up:

Reason with an assailant first, THEN break their face!

- Angus Argyle

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Jul 23, 2001 3:09pm

This Message was edited by: Angus on Jul 23, 2001 8:03pm

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the language, Angus.. we don't need profanity in this forum.. there are lots of kids here too.

As for sport TKD.. I won't comment on the effectiveness of the art, I just will say that it isn't fun for me to watch. I have more enjoyment watching a boxing or Muay Thai event.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

of course,you do KEN!...do you like baseball or football?..how about those diamondbacks?..randy johnson is doing well!

how about basketball?

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

florida

This Message was edited by: iamrushman on Jul 23, 2001 2:44pm

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Nope, i don't care for football or basketball. I'll watch an occasional hockey game. Team sports are very boring to me, I like combatives.

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

when discussing the effectiveness of martial arts why do we always say street...it is far more than likely that you will encounter a "problem" in many other places..in your own home..by a relative(maybe your mother in law trying to take your head off with a frying pan..)in a shopping mall..in a movie theater...in a night club (of course..some people feel that when they are drunk its okay to punch someone in the face that may have given one a look)in a park..I have never been in or witnessed a "STREET FIGHT" it is really a matter of statistics that any fight will occur indoors in places you would probably not imagine...I was once attacked by a jealous marine while sitting in a phone booth in a officers club ...talk about reaching out an touching someone...he hit me really hard and i think the only reason i wasnt knocked out was that i was in shock that someone would just walk up and clip me while i was on the phone...needless to say i touched him back only his call was disconnected.. :dead:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

We only say street because it's easier than saying.." In a house, bar, car, mall, baseball park, hotel, phonebooth fight..." Street fight just gives a common terminology for a real life, no rules, fight for your life type of fight.

on another note a sport that is really hot and that millions watch everyday..professional wrestling..now knowing that thes guy arent actually trying to kill each other..that they are just doing choreographed fights would not make me feel any more comfortable if i were for some reason forced to fight one of these guys..i am also honest enough to admit that i would probably set some kind of land speed record running away from some guy like stone cold steve austin or the rock..just because there playing in a "sport" doesnt mean they cant kill you in a real match.. :brow:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Well, fake or not, these people are very large, very strong athletes, and that is one of the big aspects of fighting skills. They are skilled at what they do and they might be faking hitting them, but they are doing a lot of these moves for real. It's ridiculous and I can't stand these events, but indeed, these people aren't going to likely be beaten easily.

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)