• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That makes no difference in Budo Taijutsu, lead with left, lead with right, depends on where you want the attack to come from. Hit with the body, not with the muscles in the arms, this will make you ampidextrious. We switch back and forth during a fight and it freaks people out.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you learn how to use your body to create the hits you will be more ampidextrious than one sided fighters. What's to stop people from training the weak side as much as the strong side. My right side is stronger, but I can do certain things with my left better. Train for both and you will improve, you can't get worse. When I say the body creates the strike you may be interpreting it from the way you've been taught and that's where the disagreement comes from. Budo Taijutsu is very much about being ampidextrious.

It may not make you ampidextrious, but it does make me ampidextrious.

Well hitting with the body means different things to different MA's. I our art the body creates the strike as opposed say, hitting by putting the body into it. My straight punches are stronger with my left, but my upper cuts are stronger with the right. Some strikes are better on my left and some are better from the right. None of the strikes would be any good if I wasn't using my body movement to create the strike. First the body moves, then the strike happens. That's the way we are taught. The reasons why we are taught that I won't go into here.

It sounds like we're talking about the same thing. And I'm the same way. My right is stronger, but my left hook and uppercut is faster. my left leg is stronger on all kicks. that's not what makes me ambidextrous though... if I didn't train both sides, then only one side would be good at anything.

I hate when people fight me southpaw!!!

There must be some logic to why they are so difficult to fight. I've seen good right hand boxers get beat by average southpaws, just because they are so awkward. In MA we are taught to fight with both sides, but most people are more comfortable in a conventional stance. (left foot fwd). Any reasons why they're so hard to fight? Any tips?

i don't really care what stance anybody fights in to tell you the truth because when they are south paw roundhouse kicks are good when your in a regular stance in doing a roundhouse kick which make them open for the hit but it might get reversed or caught.

Well Southpaws don't bother me. We're always switching to whatever side. It really doesn't matter.

we were always taught:

an arms an arm,

a leg's a leg.

doesn't matter if it's coming at you from the south pole,

you only have to deal with it when it enters your gates.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."