• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well theirs this person 6 foot 4 tall ( i am only 5 foot 1 ) he keeps punching me when i am not looking. He is a year older than me ( any advice how to take the guy down... )

( hes nearly killed somone aswell.. so i am scared :cry: .. )

depending on the situation given, you would have to choose to escalate the violence.. but you already have an advantage, I promise.. if he is picking on you and is about to strike you or provoking you to fight, he already "knows" that your not going to hit him cause he has hit you so many times and you did nothing.. when he gets close, backfist, its one of the fastest.. it would stun him at the least, after that, move in for the hip throw.. it will work easier cause he is taller.. its works I promise.. In his mind, he thinks that you think of him as the person is more than human and is unstoppable.. remember, if you cut him, he bleeds just like the rest of us...

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

make sure you get the first hit in and make sure it takes him down do somthing like a groin strike and then find somone to help you

No no no , that the wrong thing to do , you should never throw the first punch. Because you leave yourself open.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

make sure you get the first hit in and make sure it takes him down do somthing like a groin strike and then find somone to help you

No no no , that the wrong thing to do , you should never throw the first punch. Because you leave yourself open.

Not necessarily. You can throw a punch but keep your body out of the way. And sometimes throwing the first hit is the best option. Especially if the person is bigger and is the type that once they get started they don't stop. Also with a bully sometimes you need to let them know that you can and will be fighting back.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

thats is one way to get torn to shreds, never hit first?? not everyone is going to have a really quick reaction time to evade or block the attack.. I think that hitting first is always an option when needed..

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

thats is one way to get torn to shreds, never hit first?? not everyone is going to have a really quick reaction time to evade or block the attack.. I think that hitting first is always an option when needed..

I agree; waiting to get hit is a bad idea, especially if you can articulate that you thought it was inevitable. Not everyone can take that first shot. One thing is for sure, I am not going to wait around to get hit.

Lol thanks boys , because now i know all your weaknesses. In my opinion and in most serious professional martial artists , you should never throw the first punch. And you dont have to have great reaction time. Ive never lost a fight , not yet anyway lol , and thats because most of the time the fight is over in the first few moves due to the fact that the other person makes to first move.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

It is not a question of professionalism or skill. It is the simple fact that action beats reaction, and therefore you shouldn't want to put yourself behind the curve, especially when your life is on the line. That and the assumption that I will be making only one move. Once I committ, there will be a steady onslaught of blows. You may block the first, but there will be many more on the way.