• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kicking with toe?

retsu

Kicking with the toe is a more realistic simulation of shoes-on fighting that kicking with the ball of the foot, or at least I think that it is.

Anyway, in Uechi, we kick with out toes, but only to certain areas. We also condition out toes with a funky exercise known as "tiger toes."

"The true master avoids the fight."

Shodan - Uechi-Ryu Karate

Brown Belt - Zen Budo Ryu JJ, Yoshinkan Aikido

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if its the same for other people who do shotokan, but in my dojo we practise kicking with the toes to certain areas of the body.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

i think savate guys kick with the toes

but only to certain targets.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

i think you would break your toe when your bear feet, and i think the only kick i know you kick with your toe is the front snap kick.

Breaking your toe is always a possability everytime you kick someone.

You can toe kick with either a froint snap kick, or a roundgouse where you invert your foot and hit with the toe instead of the top of your foot.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"