• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where are you from?

Nick_14

Oh, me too please! I'm sick of the English weather...the floor is so cold at the dojo! Plus its awful when I'm walking alond and all of a sudden there's ice everywhere. I must just be unlucky as I always slip and end up looking a complete idiot :roll:

Well, that makes two 'idiot's then, because I always manage to find a patch of ice and slip down on it every winter. :(

My colleagues at work call me 'Mr Bump' (after the character in the Mr Men books) because I'm so accident prone and my sensei says that it's a good job Shotokan doesn't have weapons as I'd have probably seriously injured myself and half the dojo with them in one lesson because I'm so unlucky...

I'm sick of the English weather too. I always like it in winter when sensei says we can wear ordinary clothes and shoes to train in because then at least my feet are warm! Cold floors....it should be a law that dojo's in the UK have to have underfloor heating! lol :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My colleagues at work call me 'Mr Bump' (after the character in the Mr Men books)

Wow, a person as clumsy as me! This summer I managed to fall out of a tree(!), go over the handlebars on my bike and loads of other stupid things. I worked at a fastfood place for a time, and one day when I was in the storeroom I accidently managed to skid right across the floor on a puddle of oil. Duh!

But anyway, the English weather certainly doesn't help it. Its raining right now.... :roll:

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

Flint Michigan here...michigan weather SUX!!! :D

Ah, I'd still swop you just to see for myself.

It's gotta be better than the 'armpit of the universe' where I live ...

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I'm from Newnan Georgia. The weather is pretty good here. We have all four seasons. It does get hot in the summer though.

It's funny you guys should mention the weather in England. I work in International cargo for Delta and we get flights in every night over there. The plastic that covers the freight is wet quite often. We always say "well it's raining in England again" :) The flights from Ireland come in wet a lot too. So much rain would make me depressed I think. :cry: Oh well, hang in there, the sun has to come out someday!

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Eh, well i'm a canuck like the post starter. I won't offer any of my snow like ZR440 as it is too valuable - snow forts, snow balls, snowmen, never ending crashmat etc...

I love the winter time as it gives a change up on outdoor activities. Boggining, skiing, curling and hockey -Even snow biking or ripping around on a ski-doo. Throw in some hot chocolate and you're set.

As for the person stating they were from the armpit of the universe, I must disagree. That is what us Canadians would refer to as Saskatchewan.