• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should also mention that this training shouldnt be performed so that you become used to going to the ground. But it should be done so your are comfortable and can get back up ASAP if you ever end up on the ground.

It's essential to be well rounded and having good ground skills is very important. But I think specializing in one or the other is not a good idea if being well rounded is the goal. I don't think that the goal in a street fight should be to take someone down and go down with them. I think if you can take them down and you stay up is a lot safer and you have more options.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

That's because you don't know ground fighting.

If you're fighting with a guy that is bigger and stronger than you, would you want to trade punches and kicks with him? i wouldn't..

so, my goal would be to take him down and go with him to apply a submission hold, if you don't control him well on the ground do you guess he will stay on the ground? NO!, he will back to his feet, and then you haven't done anything.

Valencia - Venezuela.

You don't know Jujutsu takedowns do you. I can take someone down and I'm upright where I can stomp someone's face into the ground. Why go down if you don't have to. If you happen to go down that is where groundfighting comes in.

Dude, of course I've been in streetfights I'm Mexican and I live in L.A. what do you think? Sorry if I'm losing you with my "theory". But theory and practice go hand in hand.

Of course, i agree, theory and practice go hand in hand, but i am talking you because i've seen and experimented in practice, that's all, we practice different styles right? so our strategies are obiously differents

Valencia - Venezuela.

Well you've seen them in practice, but I've done them in fights. I'm not saying you are learning won't work because it will. All I'm saying is that in my opinion being well rounded is the goal.