• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mike Tyson, one tougher than tough male athlete, broke his hand while trying to punch during a street fight.

Boxing doesnt always teach the best punches for use without gloves on.

You can NOT strike your way out of a grappling situation.

At least you can die trying :lol: :D

Or even better, just drop into horse stance and elbow them in the back of the head!

Elbowing is so impractical.. we use knife hand strikes to the neck :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask youself this, which requires more training, more skill, and more energy to execute- a powerful punch or a quick finger gouge to the eye?

If I'm on the ground and have a guy immobilized, an eye gouge may be fine. While standing, it's not on my list of tactics.

by anti grappling i mean trying to prevent a take down.. not necessarily just striking. Could also be evasive tactics. .i'm not disputing the necessity of learning how to grapple or lock.. just saying that preventing from being taken down should be trained. .and I mean trained hard and well.

I'd also add that you should do that with a grappler, if at all possible. A TKD guy, for example, won't have a double leg the same caliber as that of a grappler.

I don't like fighting with the ground myself.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Cross, it's very likely that if an opponent even minutely versed in wrestling takedowns surprises you and "takes you down" on the street, you will have the wind knocked out of you. If a fight is immanent, go yourself for the takedown. If you are "taken down", make sure to know breakfalls from all sorts of situations, and realize that if taken down, you'll be in the guard - or worse - on your back!

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

If you are going down go with it and use it.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"