• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

help me choose a style

Hey,im from a small town (12,000 ppl) and i need help choosing a style.anyways here is a list of the styles i know of around the town:

Aikido,BJJ,Kickboxing,Boxing,Uechi-Ryu,Shotokan,Kajukenpo,shootwrestling,tai chi and several differnt taekowondo's(moo duck,moo kwan&traditional)

Which style should i choose :-?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sorry,forgot one,there is also a Judo class,By the way,there is no real reason for my training,i just love it,althought i would like to fight in the ufc someday.

crosstraining in Muay Thai and BJJ is favoured by many as being the best in the ring.

since there is no particular reason for your training i guess there is nothing you are looking for in particular, right? in that case probably every style will do.

it'll be best to go visit some classes at each or talk to the instructors and go see what the costs are. that were some of the reason why i picked the dojang i am now training at.

remember that no style is better than another and that its most important that you feel comfortable with it, no matter what.

good luck!! :karate:

The best thing for you to do would be to go and have a look at each of the martial arts clubs in your area and see what they're like. You could also try out a few classes in each to see which you prefer. At the end of the day, there isn't a 'best' form of martial art to train in and a good instructor is one of the most important things to look for when choosing a club.

Also, do you know anyone else who does martial arts? Maybe you could ask then what their club is like and perhaps go along and watch a session or two.

If you do go and watch a lesson at any club, then don't be afraid to ask the instructor questions! You're gonna be paying out YOUR money to train and you want to make sure that you're getting value-for-money and quality instruction.

:karate:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I've already tried aikido,BJJ and kajukenpo but they dont fit into my schedule and shotokan i didnt really like.**thought id just narrow it down for yas

aefibird, no problem. I took the double post out :)

Anyways, as far as style: Nick_14 you said you didn't like Shotokan. Ask yourself why. Then aviod that with the next schools you visit.

Is there anything that you are looking for in a martial art? Self defense, sport, striking, grappling, ect?

Laurie F