• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how long does it take you to move up one kyu ?

Ti

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We move up when we are ready. If someone has been goofing off for nine months, he won't move up as fast as someone who has trained hard for three. It all depends on the individual.

Know thyself.

My dojo only advances students at a Shiai. This ceremony takes place every 6 months.

I've just been told by my Sensei that I'll probably be given a rare honor at the next Shiai. If I continue at the pace I'm going, I'll advance from White to Green belt (skipping Yellow).

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

Hi, are dojo are not allowed to skip, minimum grade is around 3 month,

red - brown minimum is 6 month brown to black is 1 years minimum.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

I've just been told by my Sensei that I'll probably be given a rare honor at the next Shiai. If I continue at the pace I'm going, I'll advance from White to Green belt (skipping Yellow).

Congratulations krunchfrogg!! :up:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Hmm, at my dojo in GoJu-Ryu it takes 3 months from white - yellow (Although it took me 5 just because of when I joined and when the gradings were) 5-6 for yellow to orange, same for orange to green. Then green is the longest belt, I think it's about a year, simply because of all of the katas they throw at you that you need to learn. Then from there it all depends on how well you do with your katas.

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

Hmmm, well, we tend to look at skill, dedication and take into account time aswell, how ever time shouldnt b too important, if u have a skill of a 10th dan black belt doesnt mean u should b a 10th dan, how ever i mean that, if we can c progress in ur movemnts thought and strength then we will look into grading u, not b4, we have to look for these increases b4 we grade, we dont look at the time diffrence, how ever there usualy is a standard time diffrence, but never do i look at a student and say three months and so forth

Yours In Budo

10kyu to 5th kyu 3 months min.

6kyu to 1Kyu 6 months min.

1st Kyu to Shodan 12 months min.

so this is how many months to 1st rank black belt?

minimum years to shodan, 1 year and 9 months? this is in kyokushin?

anyway, it took about 6 months before you could be confident with your degree of ability thats the time to promote to 6th kyu to 5th or to 4th kyu. in our system it averages to 4 years from 4th to 1st kyu. about a year at least from 1st kyu to shodan.

just train train and train you'll never know how time flies.

why did we surrender lord?