• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Maynard J. Keenan takes out a Fan

Does anyone here like Tool the band? Because if you do you might want to see a video called Maynard and the Fan '97. In 1997 the lead singer of Tool, Maynard J. Keenan, throws a fan that jumped on stage using Ippon Seoi Nage and puts him in what I think is a blood choke. After he puts him the choke on the ground, he picks up his mic and starts singing the reswt of the song! Maynard is JJ fanatic and I would reccomend everyone to try and download it off of Kazaa or Kazaa Lite K++.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Isn't that a Judo throw?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Good point.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Although the video is pretty hazy the throw is not seoinage.

The fan jumps on stage with his hands above his head as he approaches maynard. He pumps his arms once perhaps exalting something like "you rock". Afterwhich maynard feints a hug, wraps his right arm around the fan's back as he reversed into him. He also grabs with his left to the fan's right forearmn and proceeds to throw him.

This would be more consistent with o goshi.

Um, this might be irrelevant to the discussion at hand, but I'm just curious. Why did he throw one of his fans? I always thought it was a good idea not to injure one's fans. Maybe I'm just naive.

*yawn*....'97? Maynard? Someone named Maynard from 6 years ago what? I've heard of tool... if some professional singer/entertainer person like that choked me during one of their concerts I'd be dreaming of how much I was going to sue them for while I was passed out.