• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Unbendable Arm in an armbar

A trick is somethind done for the sole purpose of impressing people.

Then I would assert that the body quilty which is used for te unbending arm "trick" is, itself, useful.

Ok, what is the "practical application"?

That heavily depends. It's a really nice quality to have when you hit someone. While it's not going to, by itself, stpo a grapple, it does tend to interfere with such manipulations (again, it's a quality that needs to be "on", not something you try to suddenly do in the fraction of a second that the manipulation is occuring).

It's also a good quality to help prevent general structural collapse. If you want to still have power while extended, you tend to need a method to accomplish it. (IOW, it's one of a couple ways to make short-range power).

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignorance IS bliss. Keep on believing that the unbendable arm trick is useful for anything other than impressing new students, since it makes you happy.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

I've worked with it, you have not. I've worked with it in play with Thai Boxers (you have not done the reverse). Regarless of which opinion is correct, you are the person sitting in willful ignorance.

Do you ever get down to Cali? I can recommend a few good people who work with such tricks you can interact with.

No, I pretty much stay in Oregon. Why would anyone want to subject themselves to visit Cali?

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.