• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
hello all. i was wondering. how much can shadow-boxing help a martial artist in training? i know you atleast need to eventualy sighn up for classes and/or already be training in a MA school. but still, how much can a martial artist benifit from shadow-boxing? thanks guys. :D

you work on your technique when you shadow box.

TJS wrote:

you work on your technique when you shadow box.

So would you consider this to be a boxer's kata. :)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 3 months later...

So would you consider this to be a boxer's kata.

I guess the only difference is that in shadow boxing you have the chance to do your 'favourite' techniques but in kata you are required to perform new and different techniques that you may not have used before.

not only that, but shadowboxing is spontaneous. It gets you in the habit of throwing spontaneous combinations, nothing preset. Also, there are applications to techniques found in kata that take modification or interpretation to make work. With shadowboxing, there is no guesswork.

Very true SevenStar.

I think a mixture of the shadow boxing and kata would help peoples training quiet a bit. Kata for learning new techniques that give you a number of different appoaches to the same goal, and shadow boxing so you have a chance to practice applying the techniques from your favoured fighting position along with other techniques you know.