• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To groin kick, or not to groin kick...

In real life if I am attacked and I get a groin shot hand or foot you bet Im striking there and striking hard. Now thats real life.

In the dojo? In a tournment? Pardon the pun but your nuts.... This is the 21st century were not playing for keeps. I never want to hurt anyone espcially a classmate or opponent in a event. When you talking about groin shots your talking about HURTING someone. I mean heck lets just punch to the Throat and poke the eyes out.

Martial Arts is about control and respect and IMO kicking or striking to the groin should not be done out of respcet and it takes control to do so espically if you get a little red.

Spiderman quote again "with great power comes great responsibility"

Amerian as hundreds of nukes why don't we just bomb Iraq and get it over with? Because its not the right thing to do. Its a quick fix but lots of good people suffer because of it. Kicking to the groin is a simple way to win but Martial Arts suffers and the person you kick could be really hurt, forget about losing. I would rather lose a match to anyone that kick them in the groin.

Again on the street thats a cat of a differant color. I got back to the Karate Kid quote"A man confronts you on the street he is the enemy, the enemy deserves no mercy"

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good question Shorinryu Sensei! :wink:

I'm a taekwondo fighter. I think if I was fighting in a tournament which allowed groin kicks I'd revert back to my Thai boxing style and bring my kicks right down.

But then in any tournament the more you relax the rules the more it becomes like Thai Boxing and grappling! (look at NHB etc)

I think groin kicks have a place in tournaments but not in TKD tournaments. TKD is about impressing the crowd and trying to kick your opponents head off in the most flamboyant (sp?) way possible. Thats cool! I don't think any one would want to see a fight ended with a kick in the joy department.

Whenever I've been at a tournament and been kicked in the ..erm. it's serverely ruined my day.

Bretty

...Interesting enough the groin is located right on your centre of gravity, making it the slowest moving part of your body (my girlfriend never complains! :wink: ). Its also one of the most sensitive parts of your body and a strike here is always a show stopper!

It's also got to be one of the hardest parts of you body to defend, as not ony (is it a big target, :wink: ) it is fairly immobile (being near to you centre of gravity) and requires a big commitment to protect it using your arms or legs.

All in all a great target but an unsporting one!

Bretty :)

honestly, there are only two situtaions in which i would kick another male in the b**ls and that is if he had just kicked me there or he was about to kill me

it's dishonorable.

yeah yeah, im stupid and old fassioned, blah blah blah. i can think of some much more painful techniques that don't end in castration. a shot to the nuts can heal, a broken knee will hurt for the rest of their life. but at least they can still procreate

If in your journey you encounter God, God will be cut

~Hatori Hanso (sonny chiba)

Well, JKD emphasizes such strikes, but I, being an "old-fashioned" individual, avoid using, or even training in them. I find that groin strikes are rather disrespectful and unfair for most. Of course, as a 6'1", 172lbs bodybuilder, I'm more concerned with defending against them than using them.

Even if you get accidentally tapped on the nuts with a little bit of force, your gonna feel it and its not gonna feel good. Anything above an average-power kick from a common person will send a man to the ground in great pain. I bet a martial artist could front-kick hard enough to break nuts, if thats possible.

Unless your balls are made of steel, I wouldn't wish it on anyone to get kicked there.

Bad idea, at least from a self defense position.

Several reasons.

1. Guys have been protecting that for their entire lives, they know how.

2. Unless someone is standing spread legged in front of you not an easy target to hit, much better to aim for a knee.

3. If the adrenalin is flowing, the attacker is drunk or on drugs he may never feel it. He will feel it later but at the time he may not notice.

4. If he does feel it and it is not a clean shot now he is really mad.

On the other hand if it is an open shot, take it, you never know, there is nothing dishonorable in living another day. My aim in any fight is to be the one left standing and if that means a good swift kick to the groin then so be it, but it would be well down on the target list.

Wing Chun Kuen Alliance

https://www.wing-chun.us