• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What belt rank will i be assissting like teaching the class?

i'm a green belt in goju-ryu karate and i assist in 3 classes. it's cool because i've been complimented on my teaching abilities by the sensei that owns the karate school. the best part of assisting is when you teach a kid something and they get complimented by the instructor on their power, form etc...

just jump

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I totally agree there. There is no feeling like the one you get when one of the students you teach gets something right, and their face lights up. It's the greatest feeling in the world :) Specially when you taught them that technique :D It's hard to explain unless you teach, otherwise you wouldn't know (no offense to anyone).

Laurie F

teaching or coaching in our club requires the coach or assisting coach to do some formal qualification i.e. work or dojo based, where you get assest on ability and knowledge on and of the dojo.

but with the coach also come the insurance.

i dont know what every one else does, is this common through out martial arts now.

please tel me.

i have seen good black belt teachers and really really bad black belt teachers, but still have (sometimes) the knowledge, but have been able to get advise from begineers and lower belts on how they find things been explained to them or are they able to explain it different as sometimes they can teach me something!!

any one can teach any one else really

oliver willison

• 1 month later...
Well at my dojo theres even a sensei at blue,brown, black etc belt that teach a class you have to know how to teach understand student routines, techiques to teach, we have a regional Instrutor which is a high black belt, my club is new so they are improving alot day by day, am a Instrutor assistant sometimes so I'd help to go in the front to show some techniques.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

When assisiting with a lower belt lower sensei come to demostrate and teach when a normal classes a sensei around 4,3,2,1, rd kyu teachs us when a higher class a black belt and higher comes around dan - 2nd dan and when an adult class high dans teach i.e. 2nd dan +.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

I'd train in purley I don't know where Haslemere is.

• 1 month later...

It's not unusual to have a high ranked student teach the class. Leading warm-ups, helping the others and so on. It's very simple to get respected. Act naturally, confident, but not arrogant, be ready to assist, relaxed and fair. We have some high ranks who are arrogant and quite aggressive. Imagine, they don't get any respect. They are feared, not respected.

I found out that it's not as hard to be really respected. It implies that you must respect the others and it becomes mutual.

I don't teach classes yet, but I lead some warm ups and assist in correcting the others. When the class is over, I stay for another 20 minutes to perform my katas. For some months 4 girls are staying with me and I help them do the drills and katas for they grading exam. I became a teacher for them and it's nice to see they take for granted anything you say and really obbey :)

It's a good feeling and also helps me learn better. By explaining and correcting I get better along with them.