• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

... do you have to do all 4 tuls for your 3rd?

We have to do all 4 for our 3rd dan to.

My favourite pattern by a long way is Moon-moo -

slow kicks demonstrating strong legs the essence of TKD.

The three patterns for 2nd dan are all great and a real contrast one to the next. All the ones after that i find pretty dull until moon-moo.

Bretty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I agree Bretty101, Moon-moo showing strength, flexibility, control, and balance, is by far the most aesthetically pleasing of all the 24/25 tuls when executed by correctly. Kodang was dropped from our syllabus many years ago and replaced with Juche', however I would like to know more about Kodang once I get my current 3 :-) patterns down pat.

Respectfully,

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

I have a question: what was the first form you learned as a black belt? Mine was Hwa Rang because my school doesn't focus on patterns at all so we kinda push everything back.

KWANG-GAE..

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

Hey Laurie is TangSooDo Nahanchi is anything like I-Ryu and ShorinRyu then if you know half you know the whole thing cause it'll repeat in the opposite direction :)

Yea, they are pretty much the same. Maybe slightly different, but not much. So, all I do is repeat the first half? That's easy enough :)

More like shorin-ryu than isshin ryu, in that the first step goes to the right. After the double punch to the left, it pretty much repeats itself in mirror image

Cool :) I just have remember after the double punch it does LOL ;) Thanks :)

Laurie F

My favorite forms are the Ki-Chos the basic forms because of their simplicity. It is eay to see a persons level of understanding in the art by watching them do the most basic things.

even a broken clock is right twice a day

My favorite form for competitions is Bassai Dai (Major), which I believe is originally a Shotokan kata, I enjoy the variety of blocks,kicks and strikes.

Kwan Gae is my second favorite.

Peace,

Jack

Best regards,

Jack Makinson