• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey all you Korean Arts practitioners - what's your favorite form practiced at your school? Also, give the reasons! And, what do you think is the best form for doing well at competitions?

I study the ITF mode of forms, and right now I'm learning Choong Mu, though I'd have to say my favorite so far is Toi Gwe.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I really like Hwa-rang up to the first ki-yap in the lower rank forms. I have competed with Choong jang quite a bit. I like the drop down round kick in that form. I like doing forms in general, the trick for me is to totally understand the application for each move.

Naihanchi :D I'm not supposed to know it yet, but I know one half way through hehehehe. I like Bassai, too (don't know that one yet). My instructor gave us a taste of Sip Soo tonight. That was fun. Why I'm learning higher belt forms *shrugs* They are more fun LOL. But my fav form of all time (for color belts) is pyung ahn ee dan.

Laurie F

Naihanchi I'm not supposed to know it yet, but I know one half way through hehehehe. I like Bassai, too (don't know that one yet). My instructor gave us a taste of Sip Soo tonight. That was fun. Why I'm learning higher belt forms *shrugs* They are more fun LOL. But my fav form of all time (for color belts) is pyung ahn ee dan.

Higher belt forms are more fun!! :D

From the time I was an orange belt (7th kyu), I always knew the form for the belt above me. When I reached red belt (3rd kyu), I had managed to learn all the forms including 1st dan!

*sigh* Good times....

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Chon-Ji: I know its the first one, but im still trying to master it...

White_Tiger

I noticed that your school has picked up KODANG in your 2nd.

Is JUCHE/ KODANG elective or do you have to do all 4 tuls for your 3rd?

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

Hey Laurie is TangSooDo Nahanchi is anything like I-Ryu and ShorinRyu then if you know half you know the whole thing cause it'll repeat in the opposite direction :)

Yea, they are pretty much the same. Maybe slightly different, but not much. So, all I do is repeat the first half? That's easy enough :)

Laurie F

Hey Laurie is TangSooDo Nahanchi is anything like I-Ryu and ShorinRyu then if you know half you know the whole thing cause it'll repeat in the opposite direction :)

Yea, they are pretty much the same. Maybe slightly different, but not much. So, all I do is repeat the first half? That's easy enough :)

More like shorin-ryu than isshin ryu, in that the first step goes to the right. After the double punch to the left, it pretty much repeats itself in mirror image.

I don't have a favorite form anymore, but maybe that's because I've been tearing apart how i do them lately. :(

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.