• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hiya -- some sparring tips if you don't mind....

Hopefully by the second hit you've taken his balance and taken him down for the finish.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some good basics moves, after that do a move that you'd just lernt and try if it does work.

A karate punch it is like a dasvasted stick blow. Instead, a blow of Kung Was is comparable to a lash with a chain that has attacked, allaltra extremity one ball of ferro

• 1 month later...

Yes move!

I don't like sparring people who don't know how to circle - it just gets too easy and predictable after a while.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I had the same problem on tuesday. I spent the afternoon fighting 2gup TKDers then in the evening I came up against a BB. I find the way to get points is to keep moves flying, and try to think a combo ahead. If he moves and you wont be able to hit him with somthing, just tweak it slightly. If a move works, try it again later but change it slightly to try and throw him. Side step his moves, attack at the same sort of time as him. Even if you don't come out on top, you'll give him his moneys worth and end up more confident when you face similar fighters but your own belt.

World famour for idiotography

6th Kyu Wado Ryu

5th Gup Tang Soo Do

1st Dan Origami

Attack.... You are not going to progress in sparring and it will not be applicable to self defence unless you attack constantly, standing there and try to defend constantly gets you no where.

When you block/parry you should have attack in mind.

A little trick I started doing, and it seems to work so far (the first few times anyway) is to decieve your opponent with your eyes. Telegraph your first few moves by looking exactly where you're going to punch/kick. He'll come to expect this, and when he's blocking you before you even start your move, it's time to look low, and punch in the mouth.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

That's the start of a good topic involving sparring strategy. As a beginner, I use to telegraph with my eyes all the time. Lately, that hasn't been an issue.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

well if you talk exsacticly how you think then don't think about a move before you do it, just do it.

Sparring - loved by many perfected by few