NEED A GI!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with Proforce. When I started MA, I got a Proforce uniform and I still have it. It's three years old. It's a little lighter than it used to be, but it's still holding strong.

I didn't like Centery for the longest time. Their uniforms used to shrink. For some reason, they changed the fabric (prolly cause they got a lot of complaints). I bought one for the heck of it, and I like it now. It's middle weight, great for throws, and it didn't shrink one bit (I've had it for two months now).

Laurie F

I've got several gi's (some second-hand!) but the best two I own are an expensive Tokaido gi that I have for competitions & gradings (it cost me about £100, but its worth every penny) and a Blitz gi that I wear a lot for training, although its too heavy to wear in the summer, seen as 'air conditioning' in my dojo consists of opening a window...

My 'dream' gi would be one that was long in the body (ie a long 'skirt' bit on the jacket, below the belt), that stayed white and soft no matter how many times you washed it and that always stayed tied no matter what you're doing!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Kamikaze, Shureido, Tokaido, Hirota. Kamikaze's are even reasonably priced and well available (for example: https://www.kamikaze.com ).

I personally prefer Shureido, but Kamikaze America has a best price/quality value of any do-gi on market. Get that and you won't regret.

My dream do-gi? Well, Shureido TK-10, Tournament cut do-gi. The one I have now.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

I'm looking for a place to buy a high-quality, very durable black karate gi that will last me a long time. Also, I prefer a short "skirt" below the belt! Middleweight or heavyweight, please - what gi do YOU wear? What is your dream gi?

Sounds like you would like a 10 oz proforce gi. That is actually the gi I prefer to wear.

My dream gi would be one that I didn't have to hem.

I just ordered a Century middle-heavyweight from Superfoots on sale for $39.99 (black). They also have the white ones for 29.99. I also see that the Century Ironman is now 69.99. I'll let you know how I like it being that I have never had a Century. My dream gi would also be one that doesn't need alterations.... :lol:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.