• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When & Why To Fight or Surrender?

yea... i wasnt talking about something so complex. i was merely responding to these people who say, if a gun is pulled on you assume hes gonna shoot you and fight! thats no way to be thinking unless you really do wanna be shot- cause you will, and probably unnecessarily.

a broken arm throws no punches

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't you agree that every situation involving a gun, or any other weapon for that matter, is unique and complex? You have to judge every situation on it's own merits. You can't generalize for one side or the other.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

• 4 weeks later...

cross whats so funny about that? u got something against aikido?

I dont have anything against aikido. I used to train in aikido actually.

I just found your post funny.

during the act of giving him the wallet i would do a aikido wrist lock in the hand where his gun is.

^^^ see, thats pretty funny. Considering you are willing to risk your life just so you can keep your wallet. Unless you carry around millions of dollars i dont think attacking the person is a very good choice.

never surrender. better to die fighting.

i would rather surrender then die fighing :roll:

if a guy pulled a gun on me i think i'd never even consider an attack. Just because in reality, i would be scared to death. Also the fact that shaolin kung fu doesn't handle any gun threats (a real pitty that those robbers who lived a thousand years ago didn't have any firearms :P) makes me want to comply more

As for the co-worker, i'd probably let the BG take her. Perhaps it makes me look like a coward but i think i (or she) would get hurt in any other option anyway.

One should use their instincts, insight, AND common sense in a confrontation, of whatever order or degree.

Anger, fear, machoism, heroism, honor, peer pressure, overconfidence, insecurity, alcohol, drugs, fatigue, sleep deprivation, physical abnormalities (injuries, blindness, etc), reliance on luck or faith, and lack of experience are all factors that inhibit good judgement.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro