• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

learn to fight = stay away from kung fu?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Now, you have two people who SHOULD know what they're doing. Consequently, it will be harder for one to seize victory."

You've been watching too many MA movies where two fighters dance around and exchange blow after blow and keep on fighting. That's not the way it goes down in a real confrontation. It's not block a strike and strike (one, two) or avoid a strike and strike (one, two). For the trained individual it's block/strike (one) or avoid a strike/strike (one) and once the first strike is landed it's strike, strike, strike, strike with no let up, not giving your opponent and opportunity to regain balance and control, until the opponent is incapacitated. All of this takes seconds not minutes.

"you have to consider that the untrained fighter may have a weapon"

Introducing a weapon is an altogether different situation and not what we've been discussing.

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin

TJS i notice you always say something when i'm gone. i can not wait to i make my debut in (i'm having a hard time choosing and i will not ask you guy's what i shall do.) WWE, NWA-TNA, Boxing, UFC, KOTC, Pride or heck even K-1 but i will let be know that i'm here and taking no prisoners. And i guess the first pro i destory will be chung le. thats how you know it will be me. or when i destory brock lenser or goldberg now that will really get me notice and i probaly will not us my real name it will be sano so you guys will now that kid on the computer was not joking

More talk, You will likely never step into a ring in your entire life.

well, there's one 'ring' i'm pretty sure he's familiar with...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

i didn't rread all this crap, but youguys say street fights are really short, well from a martial arts perspective if it was a street fight against a couple ma's than yes it would be pretty short, but with two very oblivious people of martial arts they last a long mofo time, like maybe umm 5 minutes in some cases. I've been in them before and * it will be mostly punch kick kick fall to the floor, full nelson, back up rinse and repeat, whoever passes out first loses, street fights tend to last a while in some cases because the people dont know how to end it quickly

yes, we all know you are very oblivious to the martial arts....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

"Now, you have two people who SHOULD know what they're doing. Consequently, it will be harder for one to seize victory."

You've been watching too many MA movies where two fighters dance around and exchange blow after blow and keep on fighting. That's not the way it goes down in a real confrontation. It's not block a strike and strike (one, two) or avoid a strike and strike (one, two). For the trained individual it's block/strike (one) or avoid a strike/strike (one) and once the first strike is landed it's strike, strike, strike, strike with no let up, not giving your opponent and opportunity to regain balance and control, until the opponent is incapacitated. All of this takes seconds not minutes.

It's got nothing to do with MA movies. bottom line is that not all fights end that quickly. I've seen too many of them. the majority of the 1 on 1 fights I've witnessed that lasted a while involved two untrained people who ended up on the ground. neither knew grappling, and the struggle was them hitting eachother on the ground.

I've seen the same apply with trained MA. they had no ground experience, and were both helpless there. the melee resulted in a clinch, and eventually, they went down. As for my experience, I've only fought untrained people outside of the ring, shiai, etc.

I just went to the mall - coincidentally, a fight broke out. thinking about this thread, I timed it. It lasted a minute and forty five seconds. It would've gone longer but security came and broke it up. It was a one on one fight. I'nm surprised, as both guys had friends with them. In this city, when there are more, they usually all jump in.

Guy A's girlfriend grabbed his arm and said "baby, you don't have to do this". He jerked his arm away and rushed the guy. I'm not sure what happened before that, as I was too far away to hear and people were running to see what was going on. After he lunged, blows were thrown. they clinched and yanked eachother around. one guy slipped and fell, dragging the other guy with him. After security broke it up, Guy A said "This isn't over - you WILL die tonight." Considering that crips, GD's, vice lords and various latin gangs run rampant here, I'm sure it was gang related.