• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

learn to fight = stay away from kung fu?

san soo is good i want to fight chung le i would totally destroy him he toys around too much. and you see his finishing move i was doing the scissor kick takedown before i studied martial arts.

Cung Le would kill you....

BTW, san soo and san shou aren't the same.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that you should have a good foundation in basics. You will learn and understand more in the long run, but if you just want to learn how to fight quickly the above sports will do. Also remember without time spent in basics you may end up breaking your wrist or hand from the lack of learning the correct way to do things.

two points:

1. the basics in shotokan are completely different than those of muay thai in some respects, in particular, the roundhouse. That can be a hinderance. I spent 4 years in long fist, after doung two years of thai boxing and several years with a Japanese friend of mine who's style was similar to kyokushin - the thai roundhouse is what I knew. In longfist, the thai style roundhouse is "wrong" I can throw both types interchangeably, but prefer thai style. Thankfully, I'm back in thai boxing now.

2. The above sports spend just as much time - actually more time - on basics...They very well know the correct ways to move and strike.

SevenStar you should look at San Soo a bit closer it's not like other Kung Fu's out there. It is a very straight forward and practical MA. :)

san soo sounds like a decent style. I've heard good and bad things about it, but that applies to anything :)

First of all the way another style does a kick does not make it wrong it isjust different, it is a matter of what one fits more to your need. A lot of people put downbreaking boards and bricks but how many boxer have broken their wrists or hand from punching out side the ring ( many ).

The above sports I do not think spend more time in basics that karate, because you do them your whole life.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

First of all the way another style does a kick does not make it wrong it isjust different, it is a matter of what one fits more to your need.

that is not what SevenStar wanted to say. why do you think he put 'wrong' in '? of course a thai kick is not "wrong". its different, like you said. but if you perform a good thai-kick, it aint a good karate-kick, and in a belt testing it would be indeed considered 'wrong', no matter how hard it is.

not exactly, I know an old shihan who kicks and lands his round kicks with his shin not the ball of the foot. He also teaches okanawn kabudo ant their cat stane is different, 1% of the weight on the front foot. A shotokan student from another school will do things different but they are not wrong and will not be judged wrong during a test.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

san soo is good i want to fight chung le i would totally destroy him he toys around too much. and you see his finishing move i was doing the scissor kick takedown before i studied martial arts.

You are the biggest keyborad warrior I have ever met. Cung Le would KILL you. and I dont mean that as a figure of speach. He is a dedicated martial artist and fighter who would destroy you in under 30 seconds..just like the Gracies or any of the other top fighters in the world you always talk about beating.

Until you get past point fighting at your school and show some kind of credintials dont expect anyone to take you seriously..ever...so dont talk about what you will do..instead do it...that's the diffrence between people like you and people like Cung Le.

you lucky i run out of time but what makes you think that guy would defeat me. man my friend with no martial arts style laughed and said he can be more creative and they call him a master please.

falcon kick!!!