• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

learn to fight = stay away from kung fu?

Sano......you gotta be......

ah nevermind. We get lots of laughs at your expense keep em comin'.

In my past life I slayed hundreds

and the life before that

they played trumpets to warn you that I was coming.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what makes you think that guy would defeat me. man my friend with no martial arts style laughed and said he can be more creative and they call him a master please.

A) you are a kid.

B) You have proabably never been in a real fight.

C) you have defiently never been in a real fight with a pro fighter of any kind.

D) Cung Le is a Pro Fighter

E) He trains full time.

F) you train a few hours a week

G) he has beaten more proffesional fighters then you will ever even meet.

F) the only way you could beat cung lee is if you had a tatoo of him on your.....

There are differences in the arts that make them stronger and weaker in certain areas. The difference is training. How you train is how you fight.

The muay thai fighters defeated the kung fu masters not because of knowledge or secret techniques it was because of conditioning. The thai fighters were in competion form. If you mix traditional training with modern conditioning you will be an effective fighter with almost any traditional art. Another difference to point out is the goal of a sporting artist is to knock out the opponent and gain a win. The goal of a martial artist should be as Sun Tzu says to win without fighting.

even a broken clock is right twice a day

"The muay thai fighters defeated the kung fu masters not because of knowledge or secret techniques it was because of conditioning. The thai fighters were in competion form."

That may be true in the ring but the vast majority of street fights I've been involved in or seen are over in less than 30 seconds and cardiovascular conditioning really wasn't a factor.

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin

"The muay thai fighters defeated the kung fu masters not because of knowledge or secret techniques it was because of conditioning. The thai fighters were in competion form."

That may be true in the ring but the vast majority of street fights I've been involved in or seen are over in less than 30 seconds and cardiovascular conditioning really wasn't a factor.

Depends on the fight, I have seen alot end after a few blows like you said and i have seen other go on for quite a while until one or both parties are exausted.

Depends on the fight, I have seen alot end after a few blows like you said and i have seen other go on for quite a while until one or both parties are exausted.

what size of a party are you talking about TJS? i think a gang war like street fight of 8-12 guys on both sides, the cardio vascular thing might matter, and such fights wont end soon.

but its something different in a 5 on 1 fight i guess.

what size of a party are you talking about TJS? i think a gang war like street fight of 8-12 guys on both sides, the cardio vascular thing might matter, and such fights wont end soon.

but its something different in a 5 on 1 fight i guess.

I was speaking more on 1 vs 1 fights.

"Depends on the fight, I have seen alot end after a few blows like you said and i have seen other go on for quite a while until one or both parties are exausted."

You didn't define "quite a while" but I would question the skill of the parties if in a one on one, I'm talking one on one NHB that includes everything (eye gouge, strikes to the throat, bitting, etc.) that last more than a minute.

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin