• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

An Odd Kick, but effective.

Shorinryu Sensei

Ahh, Yuichi Kuda's group! I have heard and read about his group before. Small, maybe, but then, so are all groups of traditional karate. And better to have a small group with high quality than a large group with no quality, I think.

Yes, our association is only a little over a year old and will no doubt ever be very large, which is just fine with me. I don't feel the need or desire to be affiliated with a HUGE group, because they tend to be to political. One nice thing about the one I'm in is that they abhor politics and won't stand for it.

Nice pic BTW. I'm about 26 years older, and 30lbs heavier than when those pics on the website where taken with Sensei Kuda. :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, for someone who supposedly does shidokan, you don't talk a lot about karate....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

you know, for someone who supposedly does shidokan, you don't talk a lot about karate....

Uhhh..who is this directed at?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

sano.

all he talks about is wrestling, tekken, dragonball and how he's going to beat everyone in some kinda tournament....

but never anything about his karate.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Sounds like a improperly done snap kick or a really bad thrust kick.

Actually, neither. It's just a different kick. Like the thread title says...an odd kick, but effective. :)

I tried to perform this kick last night, and I think I was doing it properly according to your description. When the leg is exteneded I feel an uncomfortable tug on one of my outside calf muscles.

I tried to perform this kick last night, and I think I was doing it properly according to your description. When the leg is exteneded I feel an uncomfortable tug on one of my outside calf muscles.

Yep, that's probably correct! :D

Live I've said, it's an odd kick and used for striking the stomach/lower adomen area and meant more as a hard pushing technique, rather than a disabling technique like a snap kick. It's also rather affective if you're to the side opf an opponent and attack his knee/leg. I've used it, and it works well..with practice. :karate: