• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I wouldnt call myself famous by any stretch.

I have had small extra type parts in a few movies.

I have had several fights televised.

I have fought in quite a few different places, and been asked to sign my autograph, although I think it was more for the fact I was some big sweaty guy who had just beat the hell out of another opponent.

Have to say a funny story though.

I lived in the Bay area for a few years, and I went to a Sushi Restaurant fairly frequently there called Isobune(might be mispelled)

anyways, I was usually greeted very friendly and given a seat at the boats fairly quickly. I just thought that was the great service, and never thought twice about it.

Finally after about 10th trip or so I was at the cash register paying, and noticed alot of autographs on the wall, one thing led to another and I was asked to sign my autograph. After a little time and little embarassment it came out that I was indeed not Nicholas Cage /chuckles.

And I have to say when I was not as big as I am now I got told I resembled Nicholas Cage quite frequently.

as far as relatives.

I can trace a direct line on my mothers side to Andrew Johnson, the so/so president after Lincoln. I definitely dont brag about the relation there but /shrug

I am a moderator for an online martial arts community of over 4,000 members ;)

One of my cousins is the chief engineer of Jeff Gordon's car, or something like that. That's about as close as I and my family gets to fame.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Like Superleeds said......Im definetely more "infamous" around the bar and niteclub security scene....."The Sandman"......lol......

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I'm certainly not famous.

However, I am directly related to the Duke of Norfolk - it means that if I murdered about 600 people I'd be the next Queen of England. :P :lol:

Also, my family can trace it's branches on one side back to just after the Norman Conquest of England On the other side (my Mum's) we're related to famous leaders in various Welsh uprisings against the English.

As for meeting famous people...well my Sensei was pretty well known in certain karate circles in the 70's and early 80's. Plus, a kid from my club has been on local radio & TV and has also had a couple of his karate tournaments televised and shown on TV.

I've also met Tom Baker (Doctor Who), which was incredible as I'm a MASSIVE fan of Doctor Who and I collect stuff to do with the TV series. Myself and a friend had our picture taken with him and published in the newspaper. A great day for me! :D

I also once gave directions in Leeds to Brian Lara, a very famous sportsman in the world of cricket. He was with the West Indies youth team, who'd been playing a match I was watching.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!