• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you famous??

kicker

I was in "Heaven and Earth" (movie), and two televised fights. I auditioned for "Legends of the Fall" (Brad Pitt), but was to big for a Nazi extra. Tried to get extra work in "Shanghi Noon" no luck either, but a friend got some backstage work.

My Friend Derrick who lives in Vancouver was in "Get Carter" (Taxi Driver) starring Stalone, and was a continuity extra in Distrubing Behaviour.

My Cousin (Scotland) Chris Miezites was the Guitarist in the Diggers release 1 or 2 CD's.

Went to high school with Natasha Hensridge (Species), my younger brother knew her. He told me once in the 6th grade that when they did a project on "what you want to do when you grow up" she said she wanted to be a model... guess it came true.

Those are my brushes with fame.

[ This Message was edited by: Iron Arahat on 2001-11-04 19:10 ]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron, you need to live here in Vancouver if you want to have a better chance...alot of the people in my dojo have gotten alot of work, as well as alot of other people I know. Good to see you're back - you were missed!! How's the training going?

Lori :grin:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

That's where Derrick live...that's his full time thing. Other than being my corner for nationals. Both Carter and Disturbing Behaviour were filmed there.

All those movie I mentioned were in Calgary...I lived there for a long time.

Training is going good, just taking it easy the last couple. Although we had a 3 hour workout this morning, with all the schools fighters.

I see we have a Brown Belt now...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
yep yep...i'm not famous, unfortunately, but I will be! Just you wait, Henry Higgins. Well, I met Fumio Demura twice, one time he actually said something to me ...though I don't remember what. A person I know was in a National Lampoon movie, and some commercials. Another person I know was in Josie and the *****cats. I haven't seen the movie, but I think she said something like, "orange is the new yellow". Oh yeah, some family friends lived in the same apartment building as Jet Li in HK. :eek:

Well my time of infamy was about 13 years ago. I somehow got involved in some advocacy work. And the local newspaper got interested. So a neighbor and I spent the day with a reporter and wound up in a full page Sunday color picture feature. That was actually the second article. A few weeks later our reporter friend returned for a visit and a followup after the issue we were concerned with was corrected.

So after you appear in a front page full color Sunday edition of the paper it takes like a year to live it down. Before you can go out again without everyone recognizing you.

I learned something else in the process. If there is something you really would like to see changed it is possible for a few people to get things changed. Even things in cement.