• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Generating Power

well, you seem to be saying that the ground has nothing to do with how much power you can use.

and yes you can get more grounded.

go visit one of ron heimberger's classes and test his one leg stance.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This only shows that you need the ground as a reaction force; not to generate more power. When you stand up high, offcourse you are not as stable; it's because your point of gravity is higher. It doesn't mean you can generate more power in your technique. Look at my previous posts to see how you can generate more power. The only reason you need the ground is, as I said before, as a reaction force.

To avoid the risk of an argument of symantics, I'll reiterate the gist. Rooting makes you hit harder. The general mechanism is similar to why you can push harder when rooted, a hit being fundamentally an explosive push.

In addition to everything else, this is emperically demonstrateable. If you have a way in which you know how to root try it. Hit someone unrooted and then root and do the same thing. If you are having trouble, I'd recommend finding a neijia school and having them show you how to root, but you don't need to do it very well to feel the change.

Both of you dissapoint me.

I'm giving some basics and reasoning here on this forum to show how you can get more power.

You are only saying go see someone and you will find out. That's just too easy. It reminds me of discussions I had with my parents, and at the time it was obvious I was right, they would say I have a big mouth and they were right just because they said so. Or at people in the dojo that can't find an answer to my question saying....just train more and you will find out.

If that's all you can come up with.....

René

but i have given you a reason.

you are just dismissing it with your 'i am obviously right' attitude.

let's try again using simple english.

you throw a punch using all of your lauded muscle and technique but without being grounded.

all of that forward action 'generates' a reaction.

if you are not grounded, i.e not directing all reaction into the ground (again, ignoring frictional forces) then you are not truely using all of your power.

being grounded helps your power.

how to get grounded was not an issue here.

you are saying that it doesn't matter.

i am saying that it does.

being grounded is about fully utilising your body structure so that you are directing as much of any action causing you to go backwards, into the ground by means of aligning up joints and triangulating forces.

what's going to hurt more,

running into a rooted object or running into a 'floating' object?

same principle.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

I'm giving some basics and reasoning here on this forum to show how you can get more power.

You are emperically incorrect, and quite frankly I don't care wheather I disappoint you are not, learn to live with it.

We've told you what works, we've given you some idea of why, we've pointed out that it can easily be demonstrated and taught. You are essentily trying to prove why the sky isn't blue when we know it is, so no matter your support you remain wrong. Get over yourself and try it.

Ripper

I would certainly be interested to hear how muscles speed and gravity give you more power. Especially why more muscles equal more power. Please explain. I also think that there is a misunderstanding going on here. Grounding does give you more power by allowing you to accelerate more of your mass into the strike by dropping your center of mass as you move into a strike. This works by f=ma or force = mass * acceleration. A very interesting formula when you start figuring out ways to apply it to your training.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

actually, technically, it isn't the sky that is blue...

:brow:

sorry....

If you don't know this stuff and you study MA's then I'd suggest going to another school. This is the basics that is essential one of the most important parts of any MA.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

you throw a punch using all of your lauded muscle and technique but without being grounded.

all of that forward action 'generates' a reaction.

if you are not grounded, i.e not directing all reaction into the ground (again, ignoring frictional forces) then you are not truely using all of your power.

being grounded helps your power.

Offcourse you need the ground. If you are not grounded you are either flying or in space.

Like you said; all of your forward action generates a reaction. You need some force that goes against your action....the ground.

The only thing I'm saying is that you cannot get MORE power from the ground. It can only give you what you put into it.

René

and quite frankly I don't care wheather I disappoint you are not

Then why are you on this discussion forum if you don't care about other people opinions......?

We've told you what works, we've given you some idea of why, we've pointed out that it can easily be demonstrated and taught.

So now all of a sudden it is we? Does this mean you are the spokesman of everyone else?

so no matter your support you remain wrong.

That's the attitude I was talking about. You are saying that I can come up with any valid argument and I still remain wrong, just because I don't agree with you.

I'm here on this forum to discuss certain topics so I can learn from others. And maybe I can give a little insight to others. You don't have to get grumpy if I don't agree with you.

René