• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (Ninjutsu incorrectly)

Being scientifically trained and a natural sceptic, and having a good knowledge of self deception I am always wary of chi stories however:

The other day in training I had experience of avoiding a weapon strike that I could neither see nor hear on multiple occasions. Now it may be that I did use my natural senses on an unconscious level and picked up minute signals or it may be that I felt the attacking chi- the jury's out on this.

What I experienced tho was a sense in my stomach- fear on one occasion ( a particularly hard strike to the top of my head from behind)- and a desire to 'not be there'.

This has also occurred in blindfold training against empty hand attacks too.

Hmmm.

Rich

• 4 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry, If I'm coming off as cynical. I just read a post from a kid who has a crush on a girl and felt a stirring in his hara. A youth.

we have other senses than the eyes. haven't you felt someone looking at you before?

Whether you believe in chi, ki, rasa, ache, or not, it doesn't matter. Some might call your experience intuition. Just labels for abilities human beings possess without a better popular explanation.

here's some articles on senses:

http://www.hhmi.org/senses/c110.html

I think a lot of it will be scientifically explained in time. The human body is fascinating. Possibly the most versatile survival machine on earth. I think we need to get used to the fact that we are physically equipped to do "amazing" things. We shouldn't be so quick to come up with conclusions about proving ki theory. We should just suspend judgement and focus on observing until we do understand.

There is no "best" martial art. A good martial artist is a good martial artist. - various good martial artists