• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

x treme martial arts

Maybe its a good thing I didnt see any of the promos for the show....if I was expecting science I may have been disappointed too.

The only way I knew about it is cause it was posted here (thanks sano)

I saw XMA and knew what (or who --- Mike Chat) was behind it

KarateForums.com Sempai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for thanking me. yeah i was disappointed too. Mike Chat is just gay ( no disrespect). he sits up there and talks about tradition last time i check there where no triple spin kicks in a kata. did you hear how he mention he was never in a street fight. and that show disrespected all of us full contact and mix martial arts guys. where martial artist too, they did not show any of us.

falcon kick!!!

that's what you get when television execs who know nothing about the subject are persuaded to make a program by someone with a good pitch...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I will be the first to admit Chat is no traditionalist! But come'on .... where does being in a street fight give you credibility to being a martial artist?

I dont think the show set out to disrespect anyone...I think it tried to cover too much and ended up not focusing on anything enough...except that Matt Mullins guy.

KarateForums.com Sempai

well i wasn't saying anything about the guy.

just how some programs are made...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I would have liked to see Wandlei Silva/PRIDE walk into the room wearing his title belt and start dropping people that would have been a show.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

you know what documentary i thought was very good? the secret to the warriors power.. it had a good thorough explanation of kung fu history as well as showcasing some of the monks. well produced IMO

you scythe with it!!!!!!

thank you for thanking me. yeah i was disappointed too. Mike Chat is just gay ( no disrespect). he sits up there and talks about tradition last time i check there where no triple spin kicks in a kata. did you hear how he mention he was never in a street fight. and that show disrespected all of us full contact and mix martial arts guys. where martial artist too, they did not show any of us.

He talked about tradition, but listen at how he was talking about it... He said that flash is just flash without good basics... he was right about that. He also talked about the tradition of passing the art down to the next generation. He didn't say that the flashy forms he did were traditional, however he did state that he competed in bladed weapons, non bladed, traditional forms and open forms. As far as never being in a street fight, that doesn't mean anything. Since when was a martial artist judged by the number of street fights he's had? And, he didn't disrespect us MMA guys. It wasn't a documentary about MMA - it was about Mike and Mat. Did you see the documentary about mark kerr? They didn't mention point fighters in it. Why not? because kerr isn't a point fighter. Granted, I think it sucked - the technology they used was cool, but I don't need that mess to train, and point and forms competition aren't my bag...I'd rather be in a ring or in a shiai - but to say chat is gay even though you say "no disrespect" is WAY more disrepsectful than the show not covering MMA.