• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a hockey helmet its a clear face shield :lol:

They are the newest line in face protection, replacing the old caged looking ones. The cage restricts your vision, this is clear and supposedly designed so they don't fog up.

I'm ordering one so I can spar until my broken nose fully heals.

Maybe good to have though....rumor is some of the national circuits are thinking about making them mandatory. There would be major disputes over such a rule....but many of bloodied noses are being reported from the supergrands (and they are only in day 5 of 6)

KarateForums.com Sempai

One of the guys admitted they had never been in a streetfight. As far as the sport side goes, it showed what it was, and what it took to win. That was ALL it did though.

Do you need to be in a street fight to be an accepted martial artist?

That guy was Chat I believe and his kick power was incredibily high!

I don't think it showed what it took to win, if anything I think it under represented Sport MA. They made that Matt guy seem like a washed up has been --- but yet the documentary followed him...what's up with that. I don't get it.

I've checked Craig's stats...the kid seems good, but they made him out to be some prodigy.

To LG: I didn't like wearing the cage, I hope I like the face shield better but I already know I wont if you say it is hard to breath :(

Relkats: Do you compete?

KarateForums.com Sempai

yeah, that was pretty dissapointing. call me a nerd, but i was hoping for more of the science behind the martial arts, not some guy who wanted to win a tournament. if i wanted that, i'd just wait about a month and videotape my own life :wink:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai