• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

x treme martial arts

As far as never being in a street fight, that doesn't mean anything. Since when was a martial artist judged by the number of street fights he's had? And, he didn't disrespect us MMA guys. It wasn't a documentary about MMA - it was about Mike and Mat. Did you see the documentary about mark kerr? They didn't mention point fighters in it. Why not? because kerr isn't a point fighter. Granted, I think it sucked - the technology they used was cool, but I don't need that mess to train, and point and forms competition aren't my bag...I'd rather be in a ring or in a shiai - but to say chat is gay even though you say "no disrespect" is WAY more disrepsectful than the show not covering MMA.

now ok what i was trying to state is that if it came down to it he probaly could not defend himself in a real situation. About MMA what does MMA stand for MIXED MARTIAL ARTS if you notice martial arts is in are title so just because we fight for are egos, pride, and lets not forget money instead of not fighting at all don't make us martial artist? thats why he disrespect me and everybody else thats a mixed martial artist.

falcon kick!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(fixed a typo)

you?

a full contact fighter?

since when?

you say you've taken part in full contact tournaments but can't name the event.

you say it's full contact but then say something about being penalized for hitting the head.

make up your mind.

at least get your story straight before tapping them keys.

here's a question for you little boy:

what makes you a mma practicioner?

Edited by Drunken Monkey

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

so what good is it being full contact if you are not allowed to hit the most useful target?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

so what good is it being full contact if you are not allowed to hit the most useful target?

You get to fight full contact without wearing gloves.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

yes but he's talking about guys knocking each other out. kinda hard when you don't hit to the head...

i know there are good things about full contact.

just as i understrand there are good things about semi contact and light contact sparring/drills.

got to be honest here, just wanted to see if that kid could actually form a half decent argument about anything....

but then my point still stands.

even if you get to hit full strength without gloves and whatever, isn't still a bit misleading because there are still so many limits imposed on the fight?

especially not being able to hit the most useful target.

i say, wear some protection and let the guys hit where-ever, however.

might not have the same effect but then at least they will be using the moves that might save them if they need to.

Well I liked the show. Yes it was full of a lot of flash, stuff we don't see much in our Traditional Style of Karate Shorin Ryu, but I still loved the sword kata. It was also great to see some of the science behind MA.

As for the hockey helmet comments. I wear foam headgear currently but will be getting a full face mask style soon. Why? Because I would like more safety since this is just a sport for me. I love sparring but am not willing unless it is life or death to have my face mangled for it.

I sweat alot, wonder if these face sheild style mask would fog up?

We have one black belt in our dojo that loves the flashy style katas. He has a great bo kata that always pleases the crowds and it is really amazing. It does not win him 1st place all the time though, because it is not a traditional kata.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate