• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The "Karate wars" and inter-dojo challenges.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

you're right, i was thinking of work visas. you do need an entrance visa (more commmonly reffered to as a passport) to entry a country

my bad

If in your journey you encounter God, God will be cut

~Hatori Hanso (sonny chiba)

"To be honest, that is not what MA is about. That is definitely not the martial spirit. Friendly competition and tournies are one thing, but to go out and do something like that gives martial arts a bad name."

To be honest it is exactly what it is about , remember MARTAIL ARTS is about fighting and killing the JUTSU. The whole passive side came about from the sport side the DO. Even the Japanese after they took and changed the OKINAWAIN KARATE to be more school yard friendly would be involoved with such compititions. Then as time moved on and tournaments became a money maker it made business sense to not just go to a DOJO. In the early days the great masters would be involved in such matchs where there were no foam pads covering you and point sparring was not even considered. As the sport Karate grew they created rules and gear to make it safe in keep the money flowing.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

Just because martial arts where intended for killing doens't mean you should use lethal force just because of a simple challenge.

the only person who would do that is someone who was trying to provwe something because of insecurities.

martial arts should only be used when your life, property or loved ones are in imediate parril, not because some 17 year old kid said he could beat you up.

we are not talking about 17 year old kids , we are talking about men 100+ years ago. the world was a differant place back then

um, passport is not an entrance visa...

i have a passport but i still need a visa to enter japan.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

i cant belive it all this time i tought count dante was a fraud. you learn something new everday. tell me when and where count dante did this. and i glad some people still do this from of combat. tell me who does it so i can bad mouth them. but i do not kill that go's against my rules.

falcon kick!!!

we are not talking about 17 year old kids , we are talking about men 100+ years ago. the world was a differant place back then

what's that, the "royal we"? YOU may be talking about 100+ years ago, but I am talking about less than 50 years ago.

obviously 100+ years ago things where diferant. living was alot more survival based and honor meant alot more than it does today. people died for it durring duels and challenges.

100 years ago or not, i still think the idea of getting in a simple argument or looking at someone the wrong way and having them say "Wanna fight about it?!" is puerile and idiotic.

It would often start from someone responding to a statement with a wise crack like " what's that, the "royal we"? ". If I was on the street I might take offense to the way that comes across. The same way you took how I used " we " in my statemant. The inter dojo fights you are refrencing my be 50 years ago but the tradition of them were from long before that.