• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kajukenbo Karate

Seedy

Kajukebo Karate ,Any one practicing this martial arts. I am a green Blet now going for my blue belt. i would like replies on this subject. Also how do i change belt color.

Tony L.Davis

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

About the belt color. You earn it as you go. The more posts the higher you go.

By the way I have a friend who's black belt in Kajukembo. It's a pretty ferocious MA.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 1 month later...
You may find a few, but you will find many kempo stylists. Most of the kempo styles in America are descendents of Hawaii and, in certain cases, direct descendents of Kajukenbo. Good luck in your journey.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Someone told me that in the old days Kajukenbo was mostly used by the Hawaiian gangsters.

My understanding of Kajukenbo is that it is a system of dirty street fighting created from what the developers of the style knew about other fighting arts. The name is a combination of the words Karate, Juijutsu, Kenpo and Boxing. I'm not certain whether the boxing they were refering to is western or Chinese boxing. At my school we borrow some influence from Kajukenbo. One of the most interesting facts (could be true, but I don't know) is that the training was very brutal and true-to-life. Injuries happened all of the time. It is also said that the people who came up with Kajukenbo would go into the slums and pick fights with ruffians to see if thier stuff worked. It is also of minor interest that my instructor's instructor was one of Adriano Emperardo's students for a time while he was stationed in Hawaii and developed some of the kata's that they perform today (according to his bio on https://www.bushido.net).

It's basically MMA's with a name. Hmm sounds good to me. I know a guy who studied that Art and I'm glad he's my friend. :)

"It's basically MMA's with a name. Hmm sounds good to me. I know a guy who studied that Art and I'm glad he's my friend"

Yeah it is MMA , created about 30 years before the MMA phrase was coined. Very effective style , hard training

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"