• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ninjutsu system besides Hotsumi's..

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about a system of Ninpo besdes Dr. Hotsumi's Bujinkan..I though I had heard of one but I cannot remember the name of the system so I can;t get any info on it, if anyone has any answers please reply.

Yup :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Genbukan Budo Taijutsu is the only other one I know that's good. There could be others that I don't know about. I'll try to find out from my teachers.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

There are three schools that have legitimacy.

The original is Hatsumi's Bujinkan. Tanemura, Soke's cousin, started the Genbukan which includes a lot from the Bujinkan and adds other schools that Tanemura did. It is more formal and, dare I say, rigid than the Buj in certain respects. The other school is the Jinenkan run by Manaka which is a breakaway from the Buj also.

Rich

I hope I can explain this OK as it isnt meant to be a criticism of the Genbukan...

The training seems to be much more formal, as in traditional Japanese arts. The syllabus is clearly defined too. The Buj has generally been more informal and places more of an emphasis on the feeling of taijutsu than an actual structure of techniques- it feels a free-er art if that makes any sense.

Now this is not cut and dried- the Genbukan develop good taijutsu, and there are set techniques in the Buj. It seems more a matter of degree and feeling I suppose. To really understand you would need to try both and see for yourself.

I respect all three organisations but I consider Hatsumi as my Soke and I train with the Bujinkan because of that.

HTH

Rich