• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Famousity of chinease martial arts

actually, when the chinese say flowery fists they mean that it if of no use.

i.e it just looks pretty...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinese martial arts are known for fanciness and practioners of chinese martial arts are known for doing very strong attacks with out much effort.

Chinese martial arts are more internal.

- A coward dies a thousand deaths, A warrior dies but once.

- No matter how strong the wind is, The mountain cannot bow to it.

• 3 weeks later...
I suppose there also known for their animal forms (not all styles though), to me Chinese martial arts are quite exotic and somewhat unorthodox, also very traditional and unique, however they are also very powerful and efficient, at the moment I practice Karate but 2night I'm having my first lesson in Lau Gar kung fu, so i'll tell u what I think 2moz.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

I think Kung Fu is most famous for his inner strenght, his grace moves and his reflexion of animals.

And the people how think that kung fu isn't effective...they should try to attack my sifu...

It is not because a MA hasn't got compition (or a bit) that it isn't effective. Maybe because there is no compition you haven't seen what it can do.

And the meaning of Kung Fu isn't compition it's to become one with oneself.

I could be wrong ... I'm only practising Kung Fu for 3 months now ... but that's my opion.

Greetzzz ChenZy

:: Bless me father, for I have just killed quite a few men ::

https://www.tricking.be

It's not that kung fu is ineffective, but some of the training methods are inefficient in terms of producing fighters in minimal time. CMA by design takes longer to learn.

Another problem with CMA is what you just stated "try to attack my sifu". We don't really care what your sifu can do - what can YOU do? alot of TMA today piggyback off of others in their lineage - masters, grandmasters, etc. I don't care if you grandmaster is 300-0 in challenge matches. Are you? Are any of your si-hings? if not, then the product being produced now is not of the same calibe of the person being bragged about and is therefore irrelevant. This is no offense to you, Draven, and not meant as an attack on you personally - this is just a common thing seen in TMA today.

I think kung fu is famous for being soft and misunderstood - which is just fine to those of us who practice it. :D

Empty your mind, be formless,

shapeless--like water.

• 1 month later...

To me, Chinese Martial Arts (CMA) is known for its WuDe (Mo Tat), regardless internal or external CMA.

仁 - compasion

智 - wisdom

礼 - respect

义 - helpfulness

信 - trust

严 - determination

勇 - courage

Sport CMA, which is what the International Wushu Federation (IWF) is trying to promote into Qlympic 2008.

But when ask, can CMA be use to fight? I say, Yes & No. It all depends on how you are train and in what aspect.

CMA is greatly mis-interpretated out of Asia region is what I can say...