Multiple attackers

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we are naming art names... I like Tjikulung as a mutliple attacker art. I've also seen some pretty impressive Pagua, and some decent Systema multiple-attacker stuff. I'd imagine if you have a working Akido, it should scale up to multiples without too much change; though my general problems with Akido remain.

We have practiced two and three man attacks where I train and we have been told ways of using one of the men as a sheild.

I think unfortunately we don't practice for multiple attackers as much as we could in class, as very often in real situations you will find yourself up against an attacker and a couple of his pals.

When faced with an attacker of course you should do all you can and use whatever you know to get yourself out of the situation.

In Kyokushin we have various techniques that allow you to attack and defend in front, at the side and from behind all of which are of equall importance in a live situation with more than one attacker involved.

If you know nothing of ways to defend and attack against multiple attackers I think you should seriously start thinking about finding out more.

Most street situations involve more than one attacker and if you never practice stratagies and techniques for those types of situations you are at risk of injury or worse.

If you are studying the martial arts as a form of self defence this kind of knowlage is a must surely.

Never give in

Imagie you are facing three men. The leader is standing in front of you, and his two buddies behind him. What would be a good first strike to use? (I suppose it could apply to different numbers of peple too.) Personally, I'd use either an upwards palm heel, or hammerfist to the nose. I'd palm heel because it's a powerful shot that telegraphs very little if at all, and the hammerfist because it can also be used with hardly any telegraphing, and because busting the guy's nose will make the others think twice. (Blood will remind them that they're human too.)

JerryLove forget Aikido and look at it root of Aikijutsu they handle multiple attackers much more realistically.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

What would be a good first strike to use?
Hyperextend his knee/foot and run like hell. If one of the other two get's close, repeat. If you have good access, you can cut an artiery and run... that will hopefully give you time to draw a sidearm before his friends react and catch up... the reason I don't like ankle holsters as primary carry (can't reach it while running).

O.K. you guys are bringing guns into the equation, that changes everything.

OH NO! It's a mexican stand off.