• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ki has nothing to do with religion! Grrrrr.

Many people argue ki does not exist, that it's a hoax. But 'real ki' does exist, in simplest terms; we could call it the power of the mind. Normal people do not concentrate on this power that exists in all of us, they go about their daily business satisfied with the power they normally use. People who wish to develop their ‘ki’ do so by tapping into their mental energy and combining with their body to create a product that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Sure, there is a bunch of ‘fake ki’ over blown self-aggrandizing demonstrations that mean nothing or are completely fabricated. (Fire-balls, moving objects, etc.)

But simply practicing ‘ki exercises’ and getting in touch with untapped potential that you possess would certainly do you more good than harm. (And I bet God would smile down upon you for trying.)

Christians, I must as you this: (I am one myself) Have you ever seen God? Has anyone you know ever seen him, touched him, or talked to him? I’m not talking about in the spiritual sense, in prayers, dreams, visions, etc. I mean in the flesh. I’m gonna guess the answer is, ‘No’. Yet you believe in his existence, don’t you? Wars have been fought and countless people have been killed, tortured, exiled, or prosecuted for believing one way or another. (The cause of all wars are over territory, money, or religion, the latter being the greatest, longest lasting culprit.)

Christians practicing ‘ki’, IMHO, is no problem. (I’ve been doing it for 9 years now, and have yet to be struck by lightning! ;-) And I’m almost sure that if I don’t get into heaven it’s gonna be because of something I did in my misspent youth and not for practicing ‘ki’.

Just a thought...

From the perspective of another Christian, it is my understanding that to be a Christian, is to be "Christ-like". I am under the impression that our main purpose on this earth, is to show God's love to the world, and in doing so, to spread the gospel.

That being said... Jesus himself, spent a night at Matthew's home, the tax collector. This was seen by the Jewish leaders as a sin. By doing this, Jesus was reaching out to a certain selection of people who might not otherwise have had a chance to here his words.

In my particualr MA, I have not been exposed to Ki, nor have I studied it in any depth. My question though, is that if studying, learning, teaching, or trying to use this Ki opens a door to spread God's love to someone who might not otherwise have a chance to experience it, as a Christian, would you still consider it wrong?

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

Certainly not. I am a Christian myself and it was not until I started to practice aikido and 'ki' that I could come to a better understanding of Christianity.

A good read: ‘The Gospel of Buddha’ by Paul Carus in which he draws over 400 parallels between Christianity and the teachings of Jesus and Buddhism and the teaching of Buddha.

I don't see Ki and Christianity and the belief in both as necessarily a conflict of beliefs. After all, religion is a personal thing and people modify their religions to suit their needs.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.