• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Christianity and the whole "ki" issue

If someone is a Christian and they believe in God, then surely, if ki exsists (I believe it does), it is from God?

Therefore anything created by God can't be a bad thing, as it is written in the Bible (I think it says it in the Bible but I'm not sure) that all good things come from God.

Just my £0.02...

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...if ki exsists (I believe it does), it is from God?

Therefore anything created by God can't be a bad thing...

God created satan, and cancer, and death, and sorrow, and smallpox, and any numbe of other things you would consider "bad".

Then there's the issue, not weather it existing is bad, but weather using it is bad. God created magic, but the Bible condems its use.

well, technically satan is just the angel samael/lucifer doing his job...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

...that it's too difficult to discuss chi/ki online. I would have to work with you in person for you to really understand it.

I practice the internal martial arts and have been working on them for some time. I also am Christian (practicing, of course). I do not have a problem with the concept of chi/ki.

The christian studying the martial arts does need to be aware of what they believe and what the ma instructor is teaching. Some teachers (who are not Christian) may be teaching practices which are not a part of what a follower of Jesus should be involved in.

I have been very fortunate.

Have a great day.

Marty

...that it's too difficult to discuss chi/ki online. I would have to work with you in person for you to really understand it.

I practice the internal martial arts and have been working on them for some time. I also am Christian (practicing, of course). I do not have a problem with the concept of chi/ki.

The christian studying the martial arts does need to be aware of what they believe and what the ma instructor is teaching. Some teachers (who are not Christian) may be teaching practices which are not a part of what a follower of Jesus should be involved in.

I have been very fortunate.

Have a great day.

Marty

Well, at the risk of sounding a little flip, I think ki is like many other things in life when it comes to religion. If you are religious & want to recognize ki, you'll find a way to incorporate them together. If you are religious & don't want to recognize it, you'll find reasons not to.

But I really don't personally see how it would have a negative place in any religion. You're not worshiping ki in any way or using it as a substitute (like Lord-lite).

I am a Christian and have no problem dealing with martial arts or ki. I study and use it. I look at it as something that God has placed in us and given us the ability to use if we so chose to. Most people don't. But when i meditate and such, and use my ki/chi/qi I feel that i am tapping into something that brings me closer to understanding my purpose regardless of what religion one may be...ki is there for us to learn about to make us open our minds, be at peace and logically and nonviolently find our own answers that best serve us in our own personal paths of religion and enlightenment.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• 4 weeks later...
i deal with this topic on a daily basis with teaching. My theory is ki is generated through mediation/prayer as Anthropologist of religion see it..For the christians the ki energy would represent the Holy Spirit entering your body and giving you the strength of the lord. Meditation is a form of prayer ..Jesus mediatated/prayed out in the wilderness for 40 days. He received special power form the Holy spirit to overcome Satan's temptations. I see no differenc ehere no matter waht your cultural beleifs are.

Choi, Ji Hoon Instructor-

3rd Dan-Tae Kwon Do

3rd Dan Hapkido

International Haedong Gumdo Federation

Kyuk Too Ki (Korean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)

There's an interesting thread about Christianity and the Martial Arts in the "Articles" forum.

Check it out!

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke