• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm learning Unsu

stl_karateka

Well I tried to tackle to 360 today --- it was more like a 285 --- hehhehe. My instructor is funny --- he's like "yeah, uh --- something like that!"

I'll show ya! I just landed the 540 for the 4th time the other day :D No I didn't throw an extra side kick there, but if I can do it, you can :) Keep tryin. I know you can do it ;)

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe that rocks! I never was one for the aerials but now learning all that stuff sounds cool --- I want to learn the 540 and tornado kick. I've lost my chinese crescent kick (well I never really had it!)

OH yeah --- back to Unsu....

KarateForums.com Sempai

okay, :lol: I've never learnt that kata (I've said that before right?), but I will, I hope. I've tried to do that jump, but umm.... the floor is of stone and it's very hard. :D

My best jump is the Wado Ryu Wanshu kata jump. I've kinda beaten everyone with it, lol.

Kill is love

Best jumps I got (until I master the 360) is the 180 crescent kick from Kusanku, with the double jump front kick (Chinto) a close second*

*Kusanku has a double jump front kick too but for me the one in Chinto feels stronger cause it is at the begining of the kata.

KarateForums.com Sempai

Still no 360 --- about a 285 still

I broke it down tonight and figured out what I was doing wrong....I was trying to kick, jump and spin all at the same time.

Cresent first...then jump up, not forward (other mistake) --- then tuck -- wasn't doing that....then land.

I'll be working it, and you'll all know when I nail it!

KarateForums.com Sempai

• 2 weeks later...
I hit the 360!!!! The crescent kick is still weak and I am not getting as much air as I would like but 'muscle memory' is taking over so I can start refining now that I got the basic movement down....any tips?
KarateForums.com Sempai

The jump in Unsu is more than a 360 you land on the ground in the process os the body sort of spins in the air as it lays down. Very hard jump. Great kata wish I knew it. LOL Best of luck

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."