• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bad Martial Art Clichés.

"I don't need Martial Arts, I have a gun!"

^---- Worst comment ever...and I hear it all the time...

-Kai

corollary: "I don't need a gun, I have martial arts." ;)

delta1 really nailed it with the "i'd run away" comment. Talk about overstating the obvious. :)

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear alot of things to the effect of:

*everyone should carry and use guns for self defense. everything else is obsolete

*fighting dirty is the only way to win a fight

*assume any and all physical contact is a direct threat on your life and lethal force must be implimented, no matter who the assailant is

* _____ style is ineffective

* if you did ______ i'd just counter with ______

* Ninjas can fly/walk on water/ become invisible/chop mountains in half etc.

*_______ is just a myth (this may be true in some cases, but you can't entirely dissmiss the abilities of some martial artists as a myth)

If in your journey you encounter God, God will be cut

~Hatori Hanso (sonny chiba)

Yes, I agree Kai Hwarang.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

2. Experienced, opinionated and bitter students who have reached about 2nd or 3rd Dan and just discovered 24fightingchickens.

OK, I've gotta dive in here. I've been doing my art since January of 1975 and I've been on the internet for around 7 years now...and it wasn't until I got on these forums...ohhhh....maybe 2 months ago that I first even HEARD of 24fightingchickens!

Does this mean I have no legitimacy??? :-?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

...maybe 2 months ago that I first even HEARD of 24fightingchickens! Does this mean I have no legitimacy?

I'm in the same boat, but I didn't want to sound like a (?), so I didn't say anything! :P

But now that you've said it, just what are/is 24fightingchickens? :-?

And, since the topic here is cliches', if you've never had to fight a chicken, don't go making stupid comments about them. They are BAD! :o

Freedom isn't free!

But now that you've said it, just what are/is 24fightingchickens? :-?

https://www.24fightingchickens.com is a shotokan website with forums. I've tried numerous times to register as a user, but it never works.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

What I meant by that is...

Have you ever talked to someone who has just finished reading a very persuasive book and suddenly has some very strong opinions of their own?

A lot of people seem to read Mr. Redmond's site and then travel the land squawking his opinion without really thinking about it.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

Have you ever talked to someone who has just finished reading a very persuasive book and suddenly has some very strong opinions of their own? A lot of people seem to read Mr. Redmond's site and then travel the land squawking his opinion without really thinking about it.

I'll go you one better than that! I've made comments on one thread and had my own opinion thrown back to me as sage advice on another thread the next day! The worst thing is that in the new context, it showed a complete lack of understanding of what I was originally trying to say. Makes you want to :bawling: !

Freedom isn't free!

I like this thread and I agree with you Tommarker. In fact this is what I have been trying to get across to my 17 year old who is taking English 101 and can't understand why the teacher marks his papers down for using cliches :wink: ! I keep telling him that they are old news, say nothing about your own ideas/feelings, and people are just plain tired of hearing them. Thanks for starting this (hopefully) thought provoking thread! :D

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/