• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Top MA fights you'd like to see.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jackie Chan versus Bruce Lee. Jackie would probably get his butt kicked, but it would be a fight worth watching anyway.
Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

Heard that Keanu Reeves was quoted as saying he could 'take' Bruce Lee, don't know how true that is but it would be interesting to see what he picked up while training for the Matrix movies.

Purple Belt

Heard that Keanu Reeves was quoted as saying he could 'take' Bruce Lee, don't know how true that is but it would be interesting to see what he picked up while training for the Matrix movies.

Lots of fancy stuff which was trained to match a fancy stuff that others performed...

Generally, nowadays the movie martial arts have little or nothing to do with martial arts. Check out the Matrix revisited. It's a behind-the-scenes view to the making of the Matrix. It reveals the methods by how the martial arts scenes were done - Reeves just mimics the movements that others designed for him. No freefighting, nothing free - just sticking to the blueprint.

So, although he probably is physically talented, I doubt that he picked up anything really useful.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

no...

he 'performed' a fight scene.

katas have purpose/application,

fight scenes do not.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I agree...Keanu Reeves is an actor and portraying a role and has limited martial arts abilities most likely.

I also, feel that I could take Bruce Lee in a fight.

BRING HIM ON!!! :evil:

Oh, he's dead? Well..*snapping my fingers*...DANG! :roll:

As for whom I'd like to see fight? I'd pay BIG money (at least $20 Canadian) to see Jean Claude VanDamme (sp?) and Steven Segal go at it for real! Bare knuckles, no rules preferably. I know Segal has legitimate skills, but I'm curious as to whether or not he's really any good or not..and don't get me started about VanDamme. All show, no go in my personal opinion.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"