• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to Become A Good Fighter

Well, I guess it comes down to this, and really you cannot argue with this.

I will train the way I want to train and believe is right, and you will do what you think is right.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just from the last 10 or so posts i have read i have to say...

it sounds to me you guys are fighting over "he said Toe - May - toe, and he said Toe - Mah -Toe"

weight training, Isolation or full body movements are both harmful and beneficial given the circumstances.

If a 154 pound boxer is fighting in a 146 pound weight class, I guarantee you will not see him doing any Isolation movements...or weight training.

and visa versa if a 154 poung boxer is fighting in a 164 pound weight class he will most definitely be training with weights and isolation movements.

You guys seem to want to argue that all fighting is equal. Thats never going to be the case.

Sumo wrestlers will not train as kick boxers do, and grapplers wont train like either of the previous.

I heard some different comments made... and while you guys seem to want to beat each other across the forehead saying you are wrong...most of what you are all saying can coexist together at the same time.

There is something to be said about isolating a muscle group and strengthening weak spots.

there is also something about whole body exercises and increasing the stabilizer muscles and other small muscles of the body.

When it comes down to it, the truely great fighters are going to be doing a combination of all of it.

Just like the truely great fighters are well rounded in all aspects of the fighting they are doing.

Great boxers can not only punch, but can move their feet, take punches, and endure.

Great kickboxers not only kick hard, but can block kicks, can maneuver with good footwork, and use elbows and knees and hands.

Great grapplers dont only know submission holds, they know escapes, and transitional moves, and have strategy to get others to make mistakes.

I can go on and on.

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious about my workout routine it is 7 days aweek.

I am fourteen and I know exactly what some of you are talking about, " Kids only talk about form, ect. "

Two people I am teaching are like that except there view is, " Why break a sweat I have seen you do it, why do I have to do it to the best of my abilties here when I have no reason too! "

Anyways my routine seven days aweek, I am really small I am 5'6 110lbs. So, I can't lift to much. But here I go.

reps sets

Abs

4 second hold situps - 30 - 3

4 second hold weighted(8lbs) - 30 - 3

4 second hold twisting legs up crunch -30 - 3

4 second hold twisting crunch - 30 - 3

Pulse twist - 30 - 3

10 second hold Vsets 50 - 1

Chest

(8lbs dumbels each hand)

Chest flys - 20 - 3

side lifts - 10 - 3

Butterfly Curls - 10 - 3

front lifts - 10 - 3

*repeated with 3lbs weights each hand*

Arms

(8lbs dumbells each hand)

Curls - 50 - 3

Butterfly Curls - 10 - 3

Front lifts - 10 - 3

side lifts - 10 -3

*repeated with 3lbs weights each hand*

olympic press ( 20lbs bar ) - 10 - 3

Legs

outside leg lifts - 30 - 3

inside leg lifts - 30 - 3

Workout

Jumping Jacks - 100

Shadow box - 2 hours

running - 2 1/2 miles

Streching

* 10 second holds *

Standing toe touches - 10 - 2

sitting toe touches - 10 - 2

Peli stretches - each leg is held for one minute

standard streching

(spread your legs as far as you can bend over and grab one foot) -5second holds - 2

Bend down from sitting postion, touch your forehead to your fist that is placed out in front of you - 5 second holds - 2

waist twists - 10 - 2

shooting stars - 10 - 2 - held for 5 seconds going down then back

butterflys - held for 30 seconds - 2

Martial arts training

Praying Mantis basics - 15 minutes

Stances - 10 minutes

combonations - 30 minutes

sticky hands - 10 minutes

Punching drills - 10 minutes

kicking drills - 10 minutes

Kata - 5 minutes

==========Done===========

Yes that takes up pretty much my entire day It is not all drilled one right after the next though I would be dead from exhaustion! I devide it into sections.

Wakeup - stretch

lunch - lift

3pm - workout

dinner - martial arts

And no I did not put them in my working order ( sorry if you like it let me know and I will put it into my order, my order has them where you going from the hardest to easiest.)

But please tell me what you think of my 7 day workout routine.

http://www.ageofconquests.com/takeon.php?voteid=137

We are all put on this earth by God, Respect one another - Mayo