• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

double punches

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Simultaneous punches aren't used because they leave you too open for counters, stop-hits, etc. Also, if you look closely at them, double punches have a slightly shorter reach than single punches, which makes a big difference in a fight where your opponent is usually trying to keep you at a distance with kicks (this is not to say it is impossible to get inside on your opponent in these tournaments, it is quite easy. However, punches on the inside are harder to see and thus less likely to be scored by the judges who are usually not as experienced at spotting points in in-fighting the way professional boxing judges are). For 99% of the people out there, double punched just don't work.

As far as a simultaneous punch and kick goes, feigning with a punch and then kicking is great, but to try and and strike with both at the same time results in a massive loss in the force of each. Also, unless you are doing a little Wing Chun kick to your opponent's shin (which is more of a distraction than a crippling attack), the two strikes will have completely different ranges and thus one will be rendered useless. This means that you should have just thrown only the useful strike, and gained maximal force on it.

Free online martial arts lessons at https://www.intellifight.com (updated regularly)!

I think double punches are not as effective as a combination of punches and kicks because after you have thrown the first punch, your opponent has alread protected the area where you were punching. Punching and kicking in different areas is a way to find an opening and catch your opponent off-guard.

double punches do leave you open. A combination of punches are more effective because your more protected.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

I think I'm misunderstood then.....

I consider double punches / combos an interchangable term --- so I consider

backfist / reverse punch

or reverse punch body / head a double punch

What I think I'm getting is you are saying a double punch is to the same location, is that correct?

KarateForums.com Sempai

I don't know about a double punch to the same area? That sounds silly. You can block or strike the arm at the same strike the head with the other fist.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Slim Shadey?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"