• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

full contact fighting

No hand techniques allowed to make contact to facial or neck area. (During the bare knuckle rounds only).

No strikes/leg techniques allowed to groin, knees, spinal cord or kidneys. (All Rounds)

One Hand and two-handed grabbing is permitted with a three (3) second time limit. (All Rounds)

Continued grabbing is permitted with a three (3) second time limit. (All Rounds)

During bare knuckle and Thai-Boxing rounds no submission techniques, choking techniques or joint manipulations are allowed. When entering 5 oz. open hand gloves rounds, grappling, submission, chokes, joint manipulations are allowed.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you look at them rules for u.s shidokan,

full contact, bare knuckles does not allow strikes to the head.

in all types, there is a limit on where you can hit.

it may be 'full contact'

but where you make contact is limited...

make of that what you will.

as for the otehr two things you mentioned.

i'll have a look when i don't have better things to do.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

y'know what, maybe i should just ignore all of the crap

opps i mean, all of the posts that kid puts up.

• 2 months later...

Do sparring competitions, where you are nervous and feel under pressure. Because, and I speak for anyone who's ever been in a serious fight, if you ever get into a fight on the street, you WILL, most likely, be very nervous and scared. This will screw up your concentration like no other, you might even lock up and just let the guy knock you out. So, the best thing is to just practice your techniques, do some sparring of course.. but do some tournaments, or anything where you feel nervous. Because trust me, no matter how much skill you have, if you are nervous and afraid and you lock up.. all that skill gets thrown out the window.

Confidence works, too. If you think you can't defend yourself against X person, you won't be able to. If you have all confidence in yourself that you can, well, that doesn't mean you will... but it sure does help.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Oh, and, besides.. your pain-resistance level doesn't really matter that much. If you have a high adrenaline rush, you won't even notice being hit.

That's hilarious. Granted, there are some things you may not feel, like a shot to the groin, but with others,it's unavoidable.