• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Vs Streetfighting

Kickchop19

It's easy for me to use my forearm to block a roundhouse, I'm a weight lifter which means i have very very strong thick forearms, and i have my little brother hit me with a metal pole on a regular basis to toughen up my arms/legs/chest/stomach. and also i play karate so i know how to use my arms and legs as springs.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you deffinatly have to strengthen the body for situations such as those.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

It's easy for me to use my forearm to block a roundhouse, I'm a weight lifter which means i have very very strong thick forearms, and i have my little brother hit me with a metal pole on a regular basis to toughen up my arms/legs/chest/stomach. and also i play karate so i know how to use my arms and legs as springs.

youre joking right?

How old is your little brother? i doubt if he is little that he can swing a pole anything like as hard as a round kick.

How heavy is this pole? as heavy as a leg?

If so i doubt he can swing it as fast using his arms?

your were joking....werent you?

Seize the day!

youre joking right?

How old is your little brother? i doubt if he is little that he can swing a pole anything like as hard as a round kick.

How heavy is this pole? as heavy as a leg?

If so i doubt he can swing it as fast using his arms?

my brother is 12 yrs old, and the metal pole is the size of a jo, and a metal pole will be harder than a kick, all i do with a metal pole is build up my forearm and to be able to get used to the pain, which i already have a very high tolerance towards pain, so i am not joking, and i could block any roundhouse thrown at me, especially from someone like you

your were joking....werent you?

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

o, and btw, i can hit someone with a metal pole and cause 20 times more damage than if i kicked someone, which, i have kicked my friend softly (hes a 220 pound football star at his school) and he flew back 8 feet, so i have very strong legs

Joshua Brehm

I'm a yellow belt in karate, and already i'm able to use my blocks in a real fight effectively. and w/o hurting my forearm. and low blocks are effective, as they are not only used for kicks, they are also used for low punches, and the beauty of a low block is if done correctly to block a middle/low punch if you continue twisting your forearm you can get them into a joint lock at the elbow or shoulder and take them down to the ground with your leg.

using the low block to block a strike can get your face torn apart - you have muay thai listed as one of your styles, so you should know that...

I'm a weight lifter also. I squat over 400 lbs, have huge legs and have broken someone's ribs with my roundhouse... My kick would cripple your arm. The metal pole thing won't amount to much when blocking the kick. In my kung fu days, I did three star drills and plenty of other conditioning exercises and I still feel hard strikes. I can take them and keep going, but they do still hurt.

o, and btw, i can hit someone with a metal pole and cause 20 times more damage than if i kicked someone, which, i have kicked my friend softly (hes a 220 pound football star at his school) and he flew back 8 feet, so i have very strong legs

Or your friend has very bad balance...

First off, your kick wouldn't cripple my arm cause when you throw your roundhouse, i'd just move in, ram my elbow into the thigh that was throwing the kick while simultaneously punching you in the solar plexus(sp?) and kneeing you in the balls, and then i'd bite your neck, lol (hey, i figure, if animals do it, why can't i?). o, btw, try to take all this that i've said, said in a friendly manner, thx. and also, my friend has pretty good balance, not as good as mine, but pretty good.

Joshua Brehm

IF you find a good school that spars and trains realistically, unfortuantly that mkaes up like 10% of the schools in the US.

The style I am training in right now (Yoshukai) is a style thats based on what works in the real world. You learn how to spar, the basics and katas.

I like it a lot for that reason. My sensei is a retired RCMP officier , so we not only learn ways to defend , but how to be agressive and take control of a situation. I figure if a Police officer can use this style that he has been practicing for 20 years in real life then so can anyone else.