• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Vs Streetfighting

Kickchop19

The streetfighters way is dirty fighting. This is extremely effective but if you study the principals of each move of karate you develop a better way of using it in the street. A way of doing this is kumite.

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your kumite partners will probably not be throwing alot of street-oriented techniques unless they've been there, or have a natural aggression in them.

You must have sparring partners that challenge you in order to succeed.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

First off, your kick wouldn't cripple my arm cause when you throw your roundhouse, i'd just move in, ram my elbow into the thigh that was throwing the kick while simultaneously punching you in the solar plexus(sp?) and kneeing you in the balls, and then i'd bite your neck, lol (hey, i figure, if animals do it, why can't i?).[/b]

If you can do that, then I'll gouge out your eyes, then rip out your toenails.

o, btw, try to take all this that i've said, said in a friendly manner, thx. and also, my friend has pretty good balance, not as good as mine, but pretty good.

lol - I don't take anything offensively, especially not on the net.

First off, your kick wouldn't cripple my arm cause when you throw your roundhouse, i'd just move in, ram my elbow into the thigh that was throwing the kick while simultaneously punching you in the solar plexus(sp?) and kneeing you in the balls, and then i'd bite your neck, lol (hey, i figure, if animals do it, why can't i?). o, btw, try to take all this that i've said, said in a friendly manner, thx. and also, my friend has pretty good balance, not as good as mine, but pretty good.

That assumes that you actually make it to the thigh in time and have managed to survive the nasty straight punch that I made right for the bridge of your nose.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I'm not currently in martial arts........but my uncle was into it big....he owned his own school for it and sponsers would send him over to japan and stuff to compete. He was great. He is no longer in it but he told me once of when he was in a bar. He walked in and 5 guys started with him. They were all big biker guys too. All about 6'5" and like 250lbs. Ya know.....the big guys. Well 2 of them had knives and they all went after him. Well he wasn't going to just take it so he beat every one of them. Of course he wasn't really in the best of shape either but he put the other 5 guys in the hospital. He got arrested for it and all that too. But that shows what someone who is good at martial arts can do to a street fighter. He showed them all up. I'd say that if you're dedicated and you give it all you have then of course the martial arts would beat streetfighting anyday.

Im just gonna say this...it all depends on both fighters...im not gonna say karate or any art for sure can take a streetfighter, but im not gonna say a streetfighter can take a MA practicionar. Mistakes do happen and in a fight if you mess up a move....its your face.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Exactly, you dont know whats gonna happen until it happens.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

• 2 weeks later...
I want to learn karate, would i be able to defend myself against a street fighter?

If you go to a good school that spars often and hard, and become skilled, then HELL YES. Streetfighters can't fight worth crap. I've never lost a streetfight, and i've beat the doo doo out of opponents using karate (striking), wrestling (takedowns), and brazilian ju jitsu for groundwork.

yes karate will work for the street if you become skilled and do two things. Crosstrain and realize the weakness in the art.