• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Top 5 Combative Arts

you know I've had traditional training - we went through all that months ago in a different thread. It's got nothing to do with a badass attitude. Bottom line is there's no real guarantee.

what I said was correct. If you don't train weapon defenses realistically on a regular basis, you are no better off against a knife than joe blow. Now, if you do train them constantly, as you say you do, then great. As I stated with the example of the kalista, that's a different story.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good I'm glad to hear, that's refreshing. You're right there is no guarantee.

Actually you are correct in what you say and I feel you are one of few on this thread that give intelligent responses and I appreciate it. It's all about learning from others. I was just trying to make the point that Combat MA's (the good one's) have a lot of useful tactics and techniques to offer and if the training methods were up to par with Sport MA's we would all be whistling a different tune.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Hey SevenStar what's Shuai Chiao?

I think Shuai Chiao is a very old form of Chinese wrestling. Matt Furey does it. He is the first non-Chinese to win the Shuai Chiao championships or something.

What's Comhrac Bas?

Here's a link I found http://protectiondevices.com/comhrac_bas_gladiator_fighting.html

A lost, but rediscovered Roman Gladiator fighting art? Hmm. I wonder how they rediscovered it and how do they know they are doing it right? Where are all the masters of this who have been passing it on since the Roman era? Sounds like more marketing * to me. I'd put a battle ready Mushashi Miyamoto against any Gladiator. Dissing Asian MA's is silly.